Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 things that may block or severely drop stress hormones

3 things that may block or severely drop stress hormones

Heya

I have been looking into this a lot recently because stress has been hitting my wellbeing a bit and I thought "Right, i NEED to control these stress hormones before they start controlling ME!" lol

I mean as far as I can tell they've already chucked my thyroid balance off so I need to take iodine for a bit to increase my thyroid hormone sensitivity! lol

It's not that bad, but it's a pain! heh

(I've been doing a lot of research and on some forums and some people on there really know their medical stuff v well!)

On there, I think I also came up with a great 3 supplement natural, pretty much side-effect free combo for mostly flattening anxiety hormones! heh

(in order of importance I think)

Magnesium, vitamin C, and Sensoril (which is optimized ashwagandha).

Fingers crossed that should have a really good impact on stress hormone levels without having any negative effects on health The only thing I would recommend is that if you're a guy planning to take sensoril/ashwagandha, take some lignans such as SDG lignan or HMRlignan (both natural and found in plants and stuff), as ash increases testosterone, which is ok, but not great if your levels of something called "SHBG" aren't adequate. SHBG is also increased by good diet, exercise etc, but anyway that's a whole other issue!

But yes, those three look awesome! I'm still working out the exact dosages, but vitamin C is probably about 2-4 grams a day (sounds high but I think it's fine, still researching), magnesium I really don't know yet - Sensoril I think erm.. maybe about 200mg daily.

I mean some other things do drop stress hormones as well, but they can have side effects and play with other things - I think these are like the "big 3" of stress defence, from what I can tell so far!

Anywho, hope that helped!

Hoppi! ^_^

Oh and for the record I believe that antioxidants and anti-inflammatories etc also help out, I'm going to be taking Curcumin 95 and Resveratrol, mostly for unrelated stuff but I think they will probably help anxiety-related stuff too!

Re: 3 things that may block or severely drop stress hormones

That sounds great. There must be natural ways to deal with a natural / human problem....im on banana's !

Good luck anyway x

Magnesium has to be balanced somehow with calcium or you won't absorb it.

Reversatrol is starting to become a big thing here in the US. In fact, I sent for a sample and just received it today. I have a doctor app't on Tuesday. I'm going to bring it to him to see what he thinks.

I tried natural remedies, they were great for instant relief but long term I still had the stress to deal with. I had to combine citalopram whilst I tackled my stress issues, most of the stress was what I created in my head, positivity was the key for me. Medication helped relieve the symptoms (palpitations,choking sensations, excessive neck, shoulders and back tension, loss of confidence!) so that I could focus on the stress.

I hope you well with your battle with stress.

LK

keep us posted.

Veronicax

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    I tried natural remedies, they were great for instant relief but long term I still had the stress to deal with. I had to combine citalopram whilst I tackled my stress issues, most of the stress was what I created in my head, positivity was the key for me. Medication helped relieve the symptoms (palpitations,choking sensations, excessive neck, shoulders and back tension, loss of confidence!) so that I could focus on the stress.

I hope you well with your battle with stress.

LK
    Yeah you're right there, these will do less your head than it will for your body. It's mainly for those like me who actually feel alright but are just worried about harming their body with constant slight tension. This should help to shield the body more from the effects of the stress hormones like cortisol. Apparently other things like reishi mushroom and holy basil do too, but they also have loooots of other effects and those 3 were the main 3 people recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
    Magnesium has to be balanced somehow with calcium or you won't absorb it.

Reversatrol is starting to become a big thing here in the US. In fact, I sent for a sample and just received it today. I have a doctor app't on Tuesday. I'm going to bring it to him to see what he thinks.
    Ah ok thats interesting about calcium I didnt realize that

Resveratrol, apparently its the good stuff in red wine (from the skins of grapes) that is the reason why French people live so long! heh It apparently switches on some kind of gene in the body linked to survival, making the body maintain itself better and last longer! Mad isn't it? O.O Natural though!

Ok being a medicationphob I have to ask, is there a chance of reaction to Reversatrol, holy basil and the like?
    xxx
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I am concerned about side effects or interactions with the meds I take too. That's why I'm going to ask my doctor about it on Tuesday. As fearful as I am about any meds, whether prescription or natural, I will also take it to my pharmacist to check it out.

I'll let you all know what the doctor and the pharmacist say after I speak with them. Doctor app't is on Tuesday.

I have a couple of friends who are now taking Reversatrol, but they haven't been on it long enough to see any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelover View Post
    Ok being a medicationphob I have to ask, is there a chance of reaction to Reversatrol, holy basil and the like?
    xxx
    Not as far as I know for most of them. Obviously if you're allergic, but resveratrol like I say is just what is found in red grape skins but at a higher concentration.

Holy Basil and Reishi are more likely to cause side effects but it's still I believe very rare, as I understand. My only word of warning would be to not take them with anything like flax seeds which can sometimes cause bleeding as a side effect, because HB and RM both thin the blood a little.

Oh erm, Ashwagandha/Sensoril... I know less about that one, I would need to read up about the possible side effects first. I believe it may have a link to testosterone production so it might be worth looking into that but I don't know if that only effects guys, it doesn't really make a big deal out of it anywhere so I doubt it's much.

Overall though it does seem incredible just how potent natural remedies and supplements can be - just goes to show not all the treatments out there need to be prescribed or drugs! heh - I certainly didn't wanna go on benzodiazepines or something!! O.O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information