Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 things that may block or severely drop stress hormones

Re: 3 things that may block or severely drop stress hormones

Hi there,

Natural remedies are good for mild anxiety, in my case I had severe anxiety so I needed a more severe remedy that would work long term! Exercise and mediation are good relievers of stress.

Keep well all

LK

I dunno I mean, personally I think natural remedies are probably as good as any if you know exactly which ones to use and in what quantities. It also depends what you are trying to stop - the feelings of anxiety in your mind, the effects of it on your body, etc etc.

Plus often you get the benefit that many things such as magnesium, vit c, HB, Reishi, Ashwagandha... ALL these things are very good for your whole body, not just solving the problem at hand

I looked into it more today!

Yeah, apparently the ratio should be 2:1 calcium:magnesium, and it's also good to take a b-complex, which rather usefully is apparently made more bioavailable by... vitamin C! hehe ^_^

So yes! Still looking like a rather promising (and healthy!) combo I think!

Built on top of magnesium, vit C and maybe a B-complex, Sensoril might finish off anxiety hormones quite nicely lol

I just wanna shield myself against their negative effects really.. ._.

Hoppi!

EDIT -- Popped out and bought some Mag/Calcium tablets today, so I think I'm going to just combine that with Sensoril and lots of nice fruit n veg! ^_^ That will keep my vitamin C levels high and do a million other things too! hehe

What's good about this (sorry for going on so much, I'm just really happy that I feel good and confident about it!) is that it doesn't just quench the hormones, it doesn't just sedate the body... it actually tackles the problem at source and so at all different levels, and helps the body to manage it's stress better from the ground up (as is my understanding! ^_^ )

Let's see how I get on anyway

ANOTHER EDIT -- Lil update. I decided against the Sensoril as apparently Magnesium and vit C are pretty potent anyway, plus I don't wanna fiddle with my testosterone levels - I have no idea where they stand at the moment.. I think they're a little high but.. god knows lol

Anywho, so yeah I think I managed to overdose a little bit on the magnesium by mistake I'll have to make sure I don't do that again - my heartbeat was going a little worryingly slow yesterday evening! I reckon it wasn't so much the dose of magnesium I took (500mg over about 12-24 hours), but more the fact that I took a gram of vitamin C and a gram of calcium (again, over the 24 hours), which are apparently the two very best things to help it to absorb! So yes erm, it seems to prove it's working, but I would advise caution with high dosages, I think for a while I will stick to 250mg magnesium, 500mg calcium and a gram of vitamin C - that seems safe but effective! ^_^ I can always re-analyze in future!

Hoppi!
    Last edited by hoppipolla; 19-03-10 at 13:44.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information