Thread: I can't cope with things not going my way

Unhappy I can't cope with things not going my way

I'm sorry I just really can't cope with it. Nothing has gone my way for some time and any positive has been to small to make me feel better than more than a week.

This week:

*Today I had a date cancelled on me (again!)
    *Failed my driving test yesterday first attempt and made very few mistakes but one serious which failed me and if I never made it I'd have passed.
    *Lack of jobs and money.
    *Noisy neighbours and the urgency to move out.
    *EVEN my seat broke tonight so that's £50 for a new office chair.

How I feel:

*Stressed.
    *Very grouchy and moody.
    *Down.
    *Irritable and angry.
    *Sad.
    *Little things really annoying me, sounds, adverts anything.

Anybody reading my posts know it's one thing after another. Small things like going to a Football match is brief. Getting a career or job is bigger and more day to day. I'm angry and keep looking for dates but been cancelled on three times this week or it's fell through..I really should go and watch a DVD but I have a sense of urgency been single almost three years. So can't even go and watch a DVD as my determination is there.

I feel ready for the barrel..ready to go mad. There's been nothing "big" gone good for me in a while so there's no break so because I'm being let down and down and down every time I feel awful. Mixture of sadness and anger and frustration.

I don't know what's going on. I wish I was able to enjoy myself but I'm out of work, single and don't get out as much as I'd like other than walking the dog. Sad times.

(Tests rebooked but got to wait a bit..am I right to feel annoyed at life?)

Re: I can't cope with things not going my way

hi hon

we all feel like that from time to time. i bet lots of positive things are happening to you everyday but because of your state of mind you are dwelling on the negetive. sometimes in the past i have thought that everything i do turns to shit! but really that is not true. so what if i dont have loads of money, so what if i didnt get that job i really wanted, my bills are paid (nearly always), there is food in the cupboards, i have friends and i can take my dog on long walks. all these things are good!

out of interest what sort of job are you looking for? have youtried volunteering? its great, gets you out, gets you valuable experience and it opens doors. go to college part time. if your on benefite you get it all paid for. again this will open doors for you! you will meet loads of people! i volunteered for a crime reduction charity for seven months and have now been working for them patr time for nearly two years.

please try to focus on the positives. i hope my advice helps!

take care

andrea x x

Quote Originally Posted by andrea thompson View Post
    out of interest what sort of job are you looking for? have youtried volunteering? its great, gets you out, gets you valuable experience and it opens doors. go to college part time.
    Thanks yes I have thought about returning to college would be my 4th time but I really fancy learning business management. Really tired of getting bad bosses and this interests me this career. But I would rather have a aprt time job too plus I never stuck it before so a bit iffy about it. The evening class I planned to do at college was full in January. I did do work in a charity shop about 5 years ago when I was 16 but it was only for a day and not really for me. I have positives but small I just want to find my feet. I know I am over trying but it hurts me not to try.

hiya there

with regards to volunteering you can get into loads of different areas. look at the areas you need experience a nd approach those business or charity. i wanted to be a tutor and nacro were advertising for a recruitment co ordinator - so i phoned them and asked could i shadow the person that gets the job... they were brilliant.

remember stay positive... i know its hard - if i followed my own advice i would be fine... but i am not... i have ha, depression and anxiety... we will get through this i am sure.!!!!

take care

andrea x x

Thread Information