Thread: IBS & tummy bug! :-(

IBS & tummy bug! :-(

hi all,

last wednesday I started with what seemed like a stomach bug....had temperature, then next minute freezing, generally ached all over and spent most of the day on and off the toilet. i lost appetite and sometimes felt quite sick. I then took some diarhea tablets which stopped me going but the feeling of trapped wind in my stomach and back was unreal! By friday I managed to go to the toilet again and it seemed back to normal. Had the odd twinge of stomach ache but haven't known if this is down to the bug or my IBS. Woke up this morning with horrible stomach pain and im back to square one with it all......just wondering if anyone has suffered anything similar?? Thanks

Re: IBS & tummy bug! :-(

This is the problem with IBS. It's so sinister in its symptoms. Naturally, even if we suffer from IBS, we are still able to get stomach bugs of course. Even if we take medication for IBS, I've not known anything that actually cures it, it just seems to supress the symptoms making it slightly easier to tolerate.
    It it is an ongoing concern that comes and goes then I would say it is IBS.

Hey, i am having the same issue at the mo, i have tummy ache that seems to be radiating around my lower back, and keep thinking it is something terrible like oavarian cancer, stomach cancer etc, and i am only 25 !! so i dont know what to do xxxxx
    does anyone else have this ???
    to top it off i also have a terrible cold :-(

i would say my belly ache comes in waves of pain that lasts maybe a minute and it usually helps if I massage my stomach....I have had it in my back aswell, its really hard to describe cos its a wierd uncomfortable feeling! at the moment my hot water bottle is my savior, i go to bed with it and it does ease it off most of the time. Im 23 and feel so fed up with myself :-( xx

Yes mine has been just like that. I take tablets to stop it, and then get bad, bad pain. I hate to temp fate but for the last three months its all gone. I took manuka honey for about 5 months x 3 tsps a day, 1/2 before meals. It seemed to cure it. I still have 1tsp of honey before an evening meal.

I think it may have relaxed my intestines or something

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information