Thread: ibs/toilet question.

ibs/toilet question.

Hello,
    This is quite embarrassing for me to write and ask but i am worried about it, and will ring my doctor tomorrow if its still happening, but in the mean time i was hoping someone has experinaced this.
    My IBS is very bad at the moment, the usual for me, cramps, trapped wind, right sided pain etc. With my IBS i suffer very bad bloating and constipatation.
    I went to the toilet about an hour ago and had a poo, and when i wiped i had a weird feeling of a pressure pressing down out of my bottom. The pressure feeling is still there as if i need to keep straining it out, accompanying this is very painful pains all along my bikini line area, and some shooting pains in my bottom when i sit down.
    I have never experinaced this with any of my IBS flare ups before and it is worrying me quite abit. Is this sypmtoms of IBS or something else?? The pain in my lower tummy is pretty bad, ive taken some paracetamol but doesnt seem to be helping at the moment.
    Has anyone had these feelings at all? Would really appreiate any advice.

Many thanks for reading,
    Debs xx

Re: ibs/toilet question.

Im sorry you are feeling like this its really horrible ..You need to take a IBSmuscle spasm tablet to stop the pain and discomfort .Pain killers dont help ..Paracetamol can sometimes make it worse as it can cause constipation ..The symptoms you are having are all IBS related .Ive had them all ..I take Buscopan as Ive found it to be the most effective muscle relaxant there is and ive tried them all ..Try to relax and stop worrying I know its hard but it makes it worse .The tension it causes results in the spasms in the digestive system ..Some peole find peppermint tea useful .Avoid foods that irritate the bowel whilst you are like this .A list is on the IBS PAGE ON THE MAIN MENU .hope this helped ....luv Sue x

I would agree with Sue, One of the symptoms don't forget is it can feel as though you haven't emptied the bowels properly or in other words, you feel as if you still need to go to the loo. I would imagine that the pain is due to the fact that you've had a bowel movement and things are moving around in there. I suffer discomfort after a bowel movement, mainly under the lower right rib and round to the right side. It takes about 2 hours before it calms down. Don't forget that most painkillers will increase the chances of constipation so drink plenty of fluids if you take them. I sometimes get the feeling that there is a golf ball inside there. I think it's all to do with the muscles. What a pain in the arse!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    What a pain in the arse!!!!!

LITERALLY ....couldnt have put it any better myself ..
    SUE X

Thank you so much for the reassurance sue and horse.
    I do take colofac but it hasnt been helping the last week or so, and im also on amitripiline(sp?) low dose for pain relief, again not helping this time. Im having alot of personal home problems at the moment and im under alot of stress etc with it all, so i guess this is why its bad at the moment. Thank you again. xxxxx

Thread Information