Thread: Ventricular Tachycardia Worries

Ventricular Tachycardia Worries

Hi,

I'm really worried about going into Ventricular Tachycardia.
    I've been getting more and more ectopics every day and I know that Ectopics don't have any relation to VT but I get so scared when my heart races when I'm anxious and when I get ectopics I just go from being a little anxious to petrified that think I'm about to die in about 2 seconds.

I've read things about VT that have scared me, that it can happen in people that have 'Normal' hearts. I keep thinking this is going to happen to me.

I've had several checks, multiple ECG's, an Echocardiogram, Thyroid function, blood test, chest x-ray, holter moniter etc. Everything came back normal but I'm still terrified that I'll go into VT and die, basically.

Even reading this back I see it sounds ridiculous but I'm so worried. Does anyone have any advice?

Can VT 'just happen' to a healthy 21 year old?

Re: Ventricular Tachycardia Worries

Hi Ella

The symptoms you are describing are not VT.

You are obviously concerned about your heart because of the Ectopic beats you are experiencing, and you are now 'looking within', wondering what is going to happen next, or indeed if your heart is going to stop altogether. I can imagine you pacing around the house with your fingers hovering over your pulse numerous times a day, does this sound familiar? You are probably at the stage where you fear doing exercise or anything strenious just in case you 'damage' your heart even further.

If you can relate to what I've just said then please do not worry. You are the wrong age and gender to have heart problems, and VT (which you do not have) is only dangerous in severely damaged hearts (heart attack). Short bursts of VT will not lead to sudden death, but you really don't need to be concerned about VT anyway, as you have had every test done and trust me, any abnormalities in the heart would have shown up clearly. You have no heart problems, you are simply sensitized at the moment, and this alone is causing your symptoms.

I hope this helps a bit.

House.

Thank you for your reply House Fan.
    You have really helped!

I get scared too. But when I read that RLR's sister has had ectopics since her 20's and is now 92 and fine, it helped me

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Ella, also I have left a message for you on RLR's forum. Someone else asked tis question and RLR explains why it WONT be VT

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-...num=1268617986

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hi. I am the same as you regarding VT. I am quite a bit older than you and overweight but everytime i mention it to my gp she just laughs and tells me that its highly unlikely. I have recently been to the cardiac dept in my local hospital due to my palps and the dr said he doesn;t plan on seeing me again for at least 40 years. He is giving me a 7 day ecg and and echo just to reassure me that my heart is fine. I felt reassured while i was there but all my worries returned when i left.

Thread Information