Thread: [Women's stuff, TMI/sexual content warning] Irrational fear of getting pregnant...

[Women's stuff, TMI/sexual content warning] Irrational fear of getting pregnant...

Yeah. This one has been really haunting me. (FYI, I have schizoaffective disorder, so I am prone to delusional thoughts.) Also if this violates any rules, just delete it, I tried to include warnings to make sure no one is offended.

I say 'irrational' fear as I don't actually -have sex-, as I am not on BC and wouldn't do anything that stupid obviously, with this fear I have, or even if I didn't have said fear.

EDIT: Just wanted to update, this was a false alarm, so I no longer need reassurance, but thanks!
    Last edited by Jez; 19-03-10 at 03:33.

Re: [Women's stuff, TMI/sexual content warning] Irrational fear of getting pregnant..

I think its fair to say that you are certainly not at any risk of becoming pregnant whilst taking such precautions. If you really want to ensure you dont get pregnant at the minute then why dont you ask your GP what forms of birth control will be most effective for you and whilst you are there you could try explaining to him/her what you have just explained to us as maybe there is some other way that he/she can help.
    I also think it might be interesting for you to read the thread of another NMP member who suffers from tocophobia (a fear of becoming pregnant/child birth) I have added the link below, I am also sure that she would not mind if you contacted her by private message for support or advise. See what you think & good luck x
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63835

Re: [Women's stuff, TMI/sexual content warning] Irrational fear of getting pregnant..

thanks for your reply, it was thank god a false alarm, had a period as normal *whew*

I wasnt on BC as I used to be a smoker, and also, I fear the possible weight gain, 2 women I know gained so much using it. But I am considering it.

Thanks again

Thread Information