Thread: I picked something off my neck and now I have a mysterious sore

I picked something off my neck and now I have a mysterious sore

Hi. I don't normally post here but I have a 'thing' that I'm having trouble searching the boards for (and the last thing I want to do is google it!). The other day, I was fiddling with the back of my neck and I came across what felt like a loose bit of skin or a hair or something embedded in my neck. It took a while to pull it out by the 'root' and, in the process, I ended up rubbing the area around it a lot. The next day I had an open patch on the back of my neck almost like a blister with a black dot at the centre. And now I'm going crazy because I didn't LOOK at whatever it was I scratched off my neck! I don't know if it was a mole or just a spot or some sort of insect that had burrowed into my skin or god knows what! I'm going a bit mad trying not to worry about it and failing.

The blistery patch looked like it was getting infected yesterday from my juper rubbing against it, so I put a plaster on it, but that just made it a bit pus-y. It seems dryer today and I've been trying not to rub anything against it. I am doing my best to assume it's just a normal sore that's come from irritating the skin, but my brain keeps straying to skin cancer. Health anxiety is just the BEST, isn't it?

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: I picked something off my neck and now I have a mysterious sore

It sounds like a skin tag that you took of your neck , harmless. Go and see your doc if it still has pus coming out of it just for reassurance if nothing else

Re: I picked something off my neck and now I have a mysterious sore

Could it have been a hair that had turned in on itself and you pulled it out? Have heard of this causing infection. The fact that a plaster drew a bit of pus just means that it was cleaning any infection out. Should heal up fine whatever it was ans is highly unlikely to be anything serious. XX

Thread Information