Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary

Andrea - many thanks as ever for your support and your PM's to cheer me up. Let me know how you do ok???

Mary Rose - Oh thanks - very kind to say. How are you doing now???? You are certainly getting out to loads of concerts so well done you too!! Let me know how the driving goes ok?

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Hi Nic,i love the quote,it is very true,but i dont think i will ever 4get what you did for me!!!!I did write a success post a while back,dont know if you saw it but it said it all really!!How i feel now about myself and this site too.Iam a different person to the one who came here Nicola.I thank you,i dont know where my life would be if i had not found you!As for the driving well iwent to get my daughter today,no problem!Iwill take her in the morning too!I have driven to my son's flat too,AND DROVE OUT INTO TWO SCAREY JUNCTIONS!!!!I willkeep you informed of my progress.Love Mary Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

hi nicola,

i'm still reading and it's good to hear of your progress, it encourages us all! xxxxx

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Mary Rose - ohh thanks for the lovely kind words - much appreciated. You are doing so well and I am chuffed for you. Great news!

Munchkin - thanks for dropping by. I just caught up with your thread as well. Look at you !! WOW!

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Re: CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary

Hi Nicola,

I am new here but have found so much comfort from this website. I have a fear of driving.

I am looking forward to reading about your journey.

Thank you

Meg

Hi Meg and welcome

Lovely to see you here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola

I've experienced panic attacks whilst driving on fast roads for two years now. I've had counselling which worked for a while and I'm currently on a waiting list for CBT. Today I have to do a short journey on a dual carriageway which I've been anxiously anticipating for 6 weeks. I woke up today in tears at the thought of this journey so googled for some advice and came across this thread. I've read every message of yours and feel very inspired by your progress. As your posts were written several years ago, I was wondering how it is going now?

Louise

Hi Louise

I am glad what I wrote has helped you somewhat.

I have good and bad journey's to be honest.

I still get the butterflies when I see a sign that says "roadworks ahead" or "queuing traffic" etc and yes sometimes I have to pull off and go a back route to get where I want to.

Overall I am massively better than I was but to be honest the only way to overcome it is to face it and keep doing it over and over.

I don't see roadwork cones as a threat now and I know that if I get really bad then I can just stop just like I would if I had broken down.

Some roads I still hate and just can't face - the A14 being one of them. I drove part the way up it recently and then I was overwhelmed with the panic feelings so pulled off.

I don't see it as a failure now though - I have learned to accept that sometimes I just can't face things on a certain day but the next time it may be completely different.

I hope you got on ok today as well. Let us know.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread Information