Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medication change/Sertraline diary

Medication change/Sertraline diary

I was originally on Citalopram and my psychiatrist has changed me to Sertraline.

I've been documenting the transition which started in the Citalopram section http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70932
    but now I've started Sertraline I thought it more appropriate to carry on the diary here.

Today is my 4th day on Sertraline at 50mg.

So far I've had lightheadedness, whole body feeling weightless, some fatigue and some generally quite weird symptoms like a feeling of cold air trapped in my throat.
    It's difficult to say if these are because of Citalopram withdrawal, starting Sertraline or because of anxiety.

Today when I woke up I was quite dazed. I still feel it now too. Kind of like depersonalisation/derealisation. I'm hopig it will pass and is just part of the transition period.

I'd be greatful if anyone could answer the following.

If I was going to get side effects would they have all happened by now? The ones i'm most owrried about are the scare stories you hear like hallucinations(hearing voices/seeing things), becoming manic and this type of thing. If I was at risk of these would they have happened already or is it too early 4 days into the medication?

John

Re: Medication change/Sertraline diary

Quote Originally Posted by superjonboy View Post
    I was originally on Citalopram and my psychiatrist has changed me to Sertraline.

I've been documenting the transition which started in the Citalopram section http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70932
    but now I've started Sertraline I thought it more appropriate to carry on the diary here.

Today is my 4th day on Sertraline at 50mg.

So far I've had lightheadedness, whole body feeling weightless, some fatigue and some generally quite weird symptoms like a feeling of cold air trapped in my throat.
    It's difficult to say if these are because of Citalopram withdrawal, starting Sertraline or because of anxiety.

Today when I woke up I was quite dazed. I still feel it now too. Kind of like depersonalisation/derealisation. I'm hopig it will pass and is just part of the transition period.

I'd be greatful if anyone could answer the following.

If I was going to get side effects would they have all happened by now? The ones i'm most owrried about are the scare stories you hear like hallucinations(hearing voices/seeing things), becoming manic and this type of thing. If I was at risk of these would they have happened already or is it too early 4 days into the medication?

John

Hi John,

it's early days, I'm not sure about the side effects, though I have 2 of the side affects, though not as bad as I did with cit. You may not get the side effects. Hang in there, you are doing well.

Hope you feel better soon. lots of hugs to ya...

Yvonne

Things started out pretty good today but steadily got a bit more crap until about 7 when i felt like I really couldn't breathe. I keep getting it where I feel out of brethe like short of it, finding it a bit hard to talk etc then it feels lke a cold wind is traped in my chest.

Not sure if I should go to the doctors or just see if it passes?

John.

Hi John,

Maybe you could go to see your gp, maybe not to do with cit. or it could be that you are panicking. have you done your breathing exercise? hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne

Well i've done the first week and should be going up to 100mg tomorrow but im not sure if I should just stay at 50mg for now.

I think i've improved a little but I keep getting some frightening symptoms. gain not sure if these are Anxiety, Citalopram Withdrawal or the Sertraline.

Aftr the first week will I hae got all the side effects I'm going to get from Sertraline?

John x

Hi John,

Well done for getting past the first week. Go and see your gp and get his/her advice about going up a does, as your gp about your frightening symptoms to help put your mind at ease.

Hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne

I keep feeling like im daydreaming and I freak out when I come back 'around' so to speak. I know I'm concious the whole time.

I'm really scared I'm developing psychosis.

John x

Hi John,

I looked up psychosis, it is arrange of underlying problems, you would need to go and see your gp, dont suffer this on your own, go and talk to your gp about it. Let me know how things go.

I wish I could be more of a help to you John.

Hope you feel better soon. lots of hugs to ya...

Yvonne

I had a horrible couple of days thursday and friday.
    Was absolutely convinced I was dying or something terrible was going to happen. I've finally taken my 100mg dose today.
    I kind of figured it will either make me feel better quicker or send me manic/[sychotic or worst case scenario - kill me.
    Took it at 9am this morning and have just felt out of it today. Tired, dazed, unreal, weak, feeling strange..............

Hope it goes soon.

John x

Quote Originally Posted by superjonboy View Post
    I had a horrible couple of days thursday and friday.
    Was absolutely convinced I was dying or something terrible was going to happen. I've finally taken my 100mg dose today.
    I kind of figured it will either make me feel better quicker or send me manic/[sychotic or worst case scenario - kill me.
    Took it at 9am this morning and have just felt out of it today. Tired, dazed, unreal, weak, feeling strange..............

Hope it goes soon.

John x

Hi John,

Sorry your feeling not good, hang in there, you will get through this, and keep posting in here.

I hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information