Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul McKenna hypnosis CD's

I love my relaxation tape, and that is a hypnotic whatsit one.

It doesn't have any warnings on it though! Maybe I can pretend that it's made me more mad/depressed and retire from work on the compensation?

Allen Carrs book is quite good Kate. I'm half way through it (I've been reading it on the exercise bike in the gym - over excertion and coughing up phlegm are good ways to promote actually following the book ha ha)

Don't buy one though - if you don't mind giving me your address at some point, I can post you mine when I've finished it (it may take another couple of weeks if you can wait that long)

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Cheers, Charlie,

Yes I'll give you my address. Just let me know when you have coughed your way through the book!!

Why do you think they put these warnings on the CD's then? Have they tested them on "panickers" and got some strange results?????

Thanks again Charlie

Kate x

Emily,

Thanks for the advice, I will get hubby to listen to them first then I will listen without actually relaxing.

Good idea, cheers!

Kate x

Kate

I'm not sure, but I blame it all on the claim culture we seem to have caught from America.

Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions any more - but thats another post and I'm not starting on that one now!!!!!

I suppose the warning on the hypnosis tapes are like the contra indications on the medicine packets - just cos there are on there it DOESN'T mean that they will affect you, but that ONE person at some point has suffered some side effect or another!

Personally, I think we just get out of the practice of relaxing. I have only just started to "chill" again, but I actually used to get anxious if I thought that my only option for the night was to stay in with a cup of cocoa and the telly for company! Bizzare or what.

Anyway, read some more book on the exercise bike and did the first ten minutes up one level for extra effect, and going to the gym on Saturday morning too, so hope to have finished the book very shortly. I'll let you know when I have and will pass it on then!

I suppose one thing about not moving too far is that you won't have to worry about finding all the best shops, bars, pubs, restarants, schools etc. and you won't have the trauma of supporting your kids through change of schools.

Once the kids have gone, then you can do what you want (although a word of warning - I've moved back home twice, and I'm still there now at 33, and unless house prices start to drop, I'll be here for the considerable future too!

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Hi Kate

If your really worried about it, then ask your doctor, they will beable to give you advice, you'll probably find that they recommend it.

I think it could do you a lot of good to listen to it, I really believe that in our anxiety stricken lives we need to find time for good relaxation to bring our general levels of anxiety down, and that CD may be really good for you. Charlie's right about the 'claim culture', warnings like that are commonplace, but like I said if your really worried then ask your doctor, at least then you can feel more reasured about it.

mico

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information