Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Effexor, Venlafaxine: What's Your Dose?

Arrow Effexor, Venlafaxine: What's Your Dose?

I was wondering what dose of Venlafaxine others have been prescribed, and if any one is on a similar high prescription as me?

I take about three ounces, is that a lot?

No, ok I take 300mg a day, which is still a fairly high amount.

Is it just me? What's Your Dose?

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Re: Effexor, Venlafaxine: What's Your Dose?

Hi i take 225mg of Venlafaxine and its worked great for me, im having a little blip right now but its anxiety and worry that im getting ill again that's doing it, but fighting it hard i was led to believe my dose was quite high

HI Gary, my dose at it's highest was around the level yours is now....can't recall exactly as it was so long ago, maybe 285 mg or just over 300 mg ? My dose now is 37.5 mg daily. Is it concerning you how high the dose is ?

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Hi. My dose is 150mg. I tried a higher dose but got more anxious. I don't think Effexor has been the best AD for me in terms of reducing anxiety - and it certainly hasn't helped my low mood.

Dahlia

Dhalia, thats exactly how i felt with effexor. It calmed things for a while but i just felt like wasnt moving forward with life. I was on 150mg and felt like i was living in a fog, i can't imagine what i would be like on 300mg. I have previously been on flouxetine for anxiety and it worked great, my life was brill. I am now back on flouxetine (only started them 8 days ago) after weaning off effexor and keeping everything crossed.
    I guess everyone has to find the right drug for them, unfortunately effexor was not for me but i did give it my best shot.

I'm not convinced it's the right drug for me. But the Psyc. i was seeing was hopeless. Even my GP had to privately conclude as much. I don't have any support, and haven't done for several years now. I realise I ought to do something about it, but have no faith in the system, or those I consulted within it, whatsoever.

Hmph, is the only polite word I can summon right now.

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I felt the same way, Gary. I told my psych I didn't think it was working very well and she simply kept saying 'it is VERY effective'. Erm yes, but not for me!! When she discharged me, she said I seemed much better, and it was due to the Effexor. I said - well it took 1 year and 3 months for me to feel anything like normal, which seems to be a very long time for a medication to kick in.

Now I am just seeing my GP for medication. I have read up on meds, a lot of it learned from here, and we kind of work together to try different options. I have just cross tapered from Effexor back onto Sertraline and hope to see some more improvement.

Now I am just seeing my GP for medication. I have read up on meds, a lot of it learned from here, and we kind of work together to try different options.
    Sounds very wise Dahlia, I think you're doing the best thing. Best wishes.

- Tennyson

Ive been on 375mg of venlafaxine for 9 years!!! Think it helped a bit at first but getting angry and irritable alot now.

Quote Originally Posted by dk View Post
    Ive been on 375mg of venlafaxine for 9 years!!! Think it helped a bit at first but getting angry and irritable alot now.
    Have you consulted with anyone as to whether you should change the dosage or indeed the medication itself perhaps? 9 years is a long time - might be worth a re-think?

- Tennyson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information