Thread: agoraphobia?

agoraphobia?

hi,

i have read many stories about agoraphobia and i was just wondering how it is developed and if it is posible for me to get it just by thinking about it because of me being an anxious person.

thanx,

brad.

Hi Brad,

No just because you have anxiety it doesn't automatically follow that you will be agoraphobic.

We are all different and so our fears will manifest themselves differently.

I do suffer with bouts of agoraphobia but I don't have social anxiety (well not often lol) or a fear of being sick say, or some of the other things that are very common.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Agoraphobia,
    You wont get it by just thinkg bout it. Ive had it for almost 4 years. Agoraphobia is described in many ways, its described a fear of fear itself {i'd agree with that} and avoidance {id definetly agree with that} and in the dictionary, fear of open spaces {proberbly agree with a little bit} and the fear of leaving safety zone. I learned my agoraphobia from my mum, watching her listening to her etc when i left school to look after her.
    You cant get it by just thinking bout it. Its brought on by avoiding the places you have panic/aniety attacks. like say, having an attack in th park,then you dont go to that park agan in the fear you'l have another attack.
    Like i said,mine wasnt brought on this way, mine was sorta differant! i stayed in so lonlooking after my mum, when i did attempt to go,i had attacks. But my story is differant to your,and everyone else's. Everyone's circumstances are differant.

Bradley ,

The way to avoid this is to continue with your everyday life and not give in to fears that make you want to run back home but push back the boundaries of fear.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

thanx that makes me feel better

Brad.

Thread Information