Thread: breathing restriction

breathing restriction

hi

just want to see if anyone else suffers from what i do and maybe it will make us feel better about the symptom?? so your not alone or maybe I am not sure

iv been cured from panics and anxiety (mostly) for about a year .. used to get the common heart and chest worry..

now for the past month iv noticed my breathing is restricted i mean im not gasping for air or anything i just feel like its very deep breathing .. this is only when i think about it when im distracted i seem fine and don't notice it

i do moderate exercise and don't have a problem .. i can run and hit the heavy bag for a while without problems

its funny but when i think and worry about the breathing i always fidget probably my nerves

anyhow .. i would sure know if i had problems with my breathing, right? i mean when i had panics early last year i had the tests like ecg and the monitor to check my oxygen levels and pulse ect all fine

anyone else have this problem? i wouldn't wish it on anyone

Re: breathing restriction

when you say restricted breathing what do u mean? im having breathing issues lately like i have too keep taking deep breaths but i cannot get them deep enough i do finnally get deep breaths but seems i struggle for air had a really bad panic attack yesterday that made it worse and i freaked out ,also get a fluttery feeling in my throat which i hate.but the breathing well this is sumit else scarey. my docs dnt seem concerened an said its anaxiety but its scarey funny enough i am ok when im asleep ..and at some point during the day i can forgt about it but then as soon as i try and take a big breath its like my chest gets tight an my tummy holds it in.is this anythnk similar to urs ?/ best wishes love c.xxx

hiya hon

all my panic symptoms are settling cos i am on citalopram and feeling better - lately now and again i feel like i can breath but like my lungs are tiny and can only breath little at a time. like i have smoked 20 fags in ten mins or something... does this make any sense to you?

i am thinking its the anxiety showing in a different way.!!!

take care

andrea x x

as in i feel like im not getting enough oxygen .. so its deep breathing if that makes sense??

sorry to hear about your panics i got rid of my panics they are really bad .. time is the best healer

Quote Originally Posted by andrea thompson View Post
    hiya hon

all my panic symptoms are settling cos i am on citalopram and feeling better - lately now and again i feel like i can breath but like my lungs are tiny and can only breath little at a time. like i have smoked 20 fags in ten mins or something... does this make any sense to you?

i am thinking its the anxiety showing in a different way.!!!

take care

andrea x x
    it does make sense .. but you should come off the meds you dont need them .. i got offered meds and refused as its covering up the problem not a cure

hope you get better

noway andrea dnt not cum off the meds hunni if its working for u then keep wit it anythnk to keep these nasty symptoms away ,yes well in that case elliot i do get exactly the same breathing issues i have to struggle a deep breath out to feel like im breathing correctly its terrible an hopefully it will sort itself out i jus need to ignore it best i can i think ,andrea hun if u need to chat pm hunni i knw its nasty and the more we focus worse it gets .seems like everythnk tightens up and stops u breathing freely glad im not the only one with this not glad ur suffering wudnt even wish it on worse enemy butlike the reasurrance its nufin bad.thanks guys xx

hi hon

thanks for the well wishes but i disagree about the meds. they have saved me! they helped when i needed relief from the symptoms i was feeling. i am going to try hypnotherapy next. i have heard it is really good.

i hope we all feel better soon.

andrea x x

everybody different i suppose .. i just felt like being on medication was not the right way to go about it .. if its working and you dont mind then thats great

ever tried to slowly come off them until you feel comfortable off them?

I have just found this and sounds very familiar to what I am going through at the mo, anyone got any suggestions for stopping this breathing issue cause it is making me lose my marbles?

Thread Information