Thread: Breathing issues with anxiety would like to hear your experiences plzz?!

Breathing issues with anxiety would like to hear your experiences plzz?!

Right guys big bad anxiety and panic attacks r really distressing me feel like i cnt get air or breath properly like all dy makes it worse that i cannot take my mind off it .i like find myself constanlty trying to take big deep breaths but i cant always do it seems like my chest and stomach wnt aloow me,also find i get out of breath easily when im doing stuff and makes me more nervous so i just sit down as i feel wobbly .this cud b becos im nervous about it i dnt no anyway i do breathe all wrong like through my mouth alot an my chest moves more than my stomach etc but im tryin to learn how to relax to get that sorted but just need to knw everyone elses experiences with breathing issues through anxiety?/anybody have anythnk similar ? would love to chat .i went to see my doctor today AGAIN and was told anxiety again but its horrible and iam scared out of my witts just dnt knw wot to do really need to shake it off.they never even listened to my chest or anythnk this time so how do they knw its anxiety thats wot makes me more worried!!anyway sorry about rambling but if ur havin same probs lets talk thanks c .xx

Re: Breathing issues with anxiety would like to hear your experiences plzz?!

Hi there,

I don't suffer as badly as I did, but I remember how disressing it was when I would struggle to talk through poor breathing with tension in my throat & chest. I still get the odd bouts of this but I have learned to accept this as part of my anxiety kicking in, I tend to slow down when I'm talking and try not to pay too much attention to my breathing, when I do that my breathing automatically corrects itself.

When I was at my worst I did breathing meditation, relaxation music and exercise which helped somewhat, but the main way I overcame the anxiety was to face my fears (from the smallest to the biggest), each exposure I adopted all different types of distraction away from my breathing, the best one is to think in your head outwardly (whatis happening around, what you are talking about!) instead of inwardly where I would continuously monitor my body symptoms.

Keep with the relaxation stuff, you will get better in time just try not to think too deeply about your breathing.

Keep Well

LK

Have had problems with my breathing with anxiety think its the worse symptom by far for me felt like i wasent getting enough air was really scary at time cos the thought was with me all the time. Its really hard but u have to try and distrate yourself in time it will get better had this so many times

thanks for the replies both of u i hate it hate it and with the fluttery feeling im gettin too in my throat these too are the worst symptoms ive had i feel terrible .thanks for understanding cnt belive how many symptoms its throws at us,how do u cope wit it? is it jus distraction ?find if im suckin on sumit tends to not get to me so bad ,thanks anyway guys means alot to me best wishes to u all love c.xxx

really do feel for u cos when i had breathing symptom felt like i was suffocatting used to blow into a paper bag or sit in garden til i calmed down. Hard to distrate urself when u feel so bad but try anything used to go for a walk take some slow deep breaths it will pass

yeah a relaxion cd will help u too

The breathing symptons were the worst, I walked out of work and took time of work to get better when I struggled to talk to a colleague through it.

Deep relaxation, it took time for me to get right, I wouldn't wish this one on anyone!

Hope you get better soon, try not to think about it too much, distraction from the source of stress is the best way of overcoming it, eventually you will find it gets easier.

LK

Thread Information