Thread: Please HELP advice needed

Please HELP advice needed

Hi all xx
    Well I have been invited to my best friends 21st birthday party in February, it is a school themed fancy dress.
    Now I am worrying big time about this.
    1. because LOADS of people will be there
    2. Because I have no self confidence as it is, and going to a party with my partner where there will be lots of good looking girls dressed up as school girls makes me extremely nervous
    3. because my ex's family will be there but luckily not my ex(i used to go out with my best friends cousin BIG mistake)

I have to go because she is my best friend and she has been through alot recently.
    I'm just nervous about dressing up because I have NO self confidence and I will feel ugly compared to all the other girls that will be there and also will feel that my partner will be looking at the pretty girls and wonder why he is with me when he could be with someone like them, if that makes any sense?

I really dont know what to do???

I need advice and support to get me to build up to this.

Thanks
    Lauraxx

Hi Laura

I can understand all your apprehensions.

The truth is that your partner sees pretty girls all day long - and he hasn't abandoned you has he? It's just a little insecurity you have.

I think you will worry big time about the party; I know I have been in the position myself before when you have a coming event and you get yourself completely "anxiety ridden" at the thought of it.

I thinik what I would do is, concentrate on making yourself look as beautiful as you can (Im sure you're lovely anyway) - I would make sure that I have something really nice to wear - that you feel comfortable in - that will give you confidence. Really go to town on making the best of yourself.

When you get to the party - you will probably feel anxious for a while but then when you begin to get distracted by people you will probably feel okay.

Lots of l ove
    Yvonne

Y Goble

Laura,
    Your boyfriend is ith you because he likes YOU! not anyone else! Yes,he may look at other girls, thay all do! but they know they can only look and cant touch!!! Get dressed up nice and give those other girls a run for their money! {is that the right saying lol}
    It's ok to be nervous about it too, odds are there will be at least one other person there feeling just as nervous or anxious,Maybe even ur best friend as shes the main focus of the party. Make a show and if you still feel awkward after awhile, your friend will understand if you have to leave. Atleast you showed an appearance and you congratulate yourself for that!
    Becci x

Thread Information