Thread: Feeling fed up :(

Feeling fed up :(

I know im my own worst enemy but i cant stop worrying....i drive my self mad! As most of you know i had my mri last sat and have been beside myself waiting for the results, i rang them tuesday to see if they was back but was not and im glad they was not as i know really dont want to know and am so scared of what they are goona say to me!!! I watched a tv programe on tv the other night and the ladykept having de ja vous and smelling things that was not there.....i keep getting da ja vous and smelling things that aint there and now i have convinced myself that if i dont have ms then i defo have a brain tumour adn then i get upset as i cant bare to think of leaving my son as he will have no one :( I hate these feelings and now my eyes keep going foggy and misty.

I have got my 1st counslling session on tuesday and i cant wait. But then again it might not all be "in my head" as im so often told!

Anyway guys thanks for listening. xxxx

Re: Feeling fed up :(

Hi Carli, it definitely sounds to me like you take things in very easily, and that sounds like the kind of thing people do when they're anxious! We look for things to be frightened about, so when nothing is happening and you're waiting for results that are still days away, you pick up on other things such as this lady's hallucinations or whatever they were, and think that you're having them yourself. This is not abnormal and it's not a sign of a brain tumour, it sounds instead like an intelligent and eager mind trying new things out. Health anxiety is a very common result of an overactive or bored imagination! You are NOT having a brain tumour!!

It won't be ALL in your head because there are reasons you feel like this. These reasons cause you to have negative emotional reactions which end up triggering anxiety. The emotions and the anxiety are what's in your head, but that doesn't mean they are imaginary or not a cause of distress! Counselling may be a good way to start exploring your life to find out what exactly is causing your problems.

Good luck with it!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

hi hun sorry to hear ur not feeling good the waiting bit for results is worse i truly believed something would show on my mri but it never. I really understand how u feel i convinced myself i had somehing awful which lead me 2 worry about my boys. Im sure ur b fine. U can pm anytime if u want to talk

Thanks guys, its a nightmare aint it. Anx mum do u have ur results yet? xx

Anx mum, sorry just read ur post again...so happy ur results are normal. Bet u feel really reliieved? xx

Hi Carli,,,
    I know is so hard sometimes isn't it????, you will get through it though really you will, it's just such a long path sometimes. I think we all know what your going through, so your not on your own.
    Try not to worry about things that have not happened yet, i know easier said than done,,,,
    Lots of hugs your friend Wayne,,,

Hi wayne, thanks fro ur kind words. Gets a little to much to cope with though sometimes dosent it? It just dont seem to stop for me the last year. Hope ur well. xx

Thread Information