Thread: "NEWBIE"

Unhappy "NEWBIE"

hELLO,
    IM NEW TO SUFFERING FROM PALPERTATIONS AND HAVE HAD MY WORST ONE YESTERDAY IN PUBLIC, THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE. EVERYONE JUST CARRIES ON REGUARDLESS NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW IT FEELD AND AT WORK IM REDEEMED LAZY BY MY CO WORKERS I THOUGHT FRIENDS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SIT DOWN BEFORE I FAINT, THERE MEANT TO BE MATES! iVE BEEN ON DEPRESSION TABLETS FOR YEARS AND THE DOCTOR HAS NOW PUT ME ON SLEEPING TABLETS BECAUSE I DONT SLEEP AND BETE BLOCKERS BUT IM STILL GETTING THEM, WHY DO I WAKE UP WITH PALPERTATIONS AND HAVE THEM WHILE SITTING DOWN? I FEEL SO ALONE

Hi Pauline1965

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: "NEWBIE"

Hello Pauline and welcome to nmp. The reason you are having palpitations even when sitting down is that you sound stressed. Especially if they're happening at work which is difficult - I know because it used to happen to me. Try not to worry about your workmates because they probably don't understand it and are a bit narrow minded. It's hard to know what palpitations are like unless you've suffered yourself. You are not alone. There are many people on this site who have them and you will get comfort and reassurance from this. I'm assuming your doctor has sent you for an ecg. If you've had an ecg and it was normal then let this reassure you that there's nothing wrong with your heart and you are anxious. If you read some of the material on the left hand side of this page then it will also reassure you about anxiety symptoms.
    Myra x

Angry Re: "NEWBIE"

My doctor has not sent me to have a e,c,g but due to the stress that is going on maybe he thought not to but as im waking up with them and get them while relaxing i will ask for one to be done. The thing is the stress im under is not going to be temporary and has been a build up over years, feeling like this is not helping. Some days if im not at work i dont get out of bed or out of the house, the house is a mess and ive got no energy no more

I really feel for you. It's rotten when you don't even have the energy to do anything. The doctor may be able to give you more help though, just until you can get some strength up. It doesn't sound like whatever medication you are on is helping you. There are others that may make you feel a bit better and more able to cope and the sleeping tablets may be making you feel still sleepy in the morning and during the day. The doctor should have sent you for an ecg as a precaution. Some gp's surgeries even carry them out there. Once you have this done then you can concentrate on trying to sort some things out. I don't know your personal problems, but I'd try to get some help with them if I were you. You can't carry on feeling so bad, it's not fair. If your gp knows then maybe they can be of help? You will be able to turn a corner, but sorting out some stresses in your life would be the first step and I hope you are able to do this. Always remember that you're not alone and you can come on here anytime and speak to someone who may be going through the same as you and can comfort you.
    Myra x

the unfortunate reality i have learned is that they can strike any time, even when you are most relaxed

Thread Information