Thread: pain in chest under breast and around sternum on the right side sharplike pain

pain in chest under breast and around sternum on the right side sharplike pain

Hi everyone my worries are continuing and feel rough today so lightheaded and haven't started my prozac as I knw they will make me feel even more lightheaded becos I'm already takin a beta blocker that is still makin me lightheaded after nearly 4wks on them anyway my main problem is a pain under my breast on the right side of my chest and goes through me like through my breast that I think is coming frm my ribs becos I have had in the costochondritus on the lft side of my chest now its the right side! So not so sure it is painful an is sharp pain which seems to be aggravated by couging and my moving my body do u think this is just another bout of costochondritus ? Inflammed cartilage in side my ribs I have had a baby only 7 wks ago and have 2 toddlers so do a lot of carryin just wanted reassurance that its not anthnk else I'm only 25 also sometimes wen I press on the area it does feel tender too wudnt b anthnk serious in that case then wud it sorry to ramble I just feel bad enough dnt wana worry about this aswell ...thanks for listening love chanty x

Re: pain in chest under breast and around sternum on the right side sharplike pain

Ive had this. Doc said "if you can feel pain or tenderness when u touch the area then it is 100% not your heart.... Its muscular or skeletal.... I was diagnosed with chostocondritis in both sides of my chest (only get it when my anxiety and panic is through the roof for weeks though..weird) but anyway, dont worry. Its deffo muscular or skeletal. Not your heart. I was getting this lastnight and was proper freaking out badly. So i know its hard not to think the worst. But like you, im young (22) so the chances of being heart is unlikely. Ive had 5 ecg's too hahahaha!! And a brain scan!! Nothing wrong with me.............................. Apparently..... Lol!! Xx

Re: pain in chest under breast and around sternum on the right side sharplike pain

I get that shap pain too sometimes but i always put it down to the under wire in my bra that was causing it!

I was hoping mine was cartilage but I'm 16 and having to have open heart surgery and it's making the pain worse stressing :(

Thread Information