Page 1191 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 191691109111411181118911901191
Results 11,901 to 11,905 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Use it or lose it (an expression used quite a lot these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Use it or lose it (an expression used quite a lot these days)
    On a related note, I recall my dad expressing disappointment when our local HMV store closed about 10 years ago, despite him having not set foot in there since about 2006.

I found that rather hypocritical of him TBH.

People who make excuses for those who break laws/rules.

Especially for those who smoke 'on the sly', such as parents smoking in cars with children present, despite it being against the law to do so for almost a decade now.

Even my dad has said to me that especially as times are hard right now, we should be more forgiving towards such smoking parents, plus we get others who typically pipe up with stuff like 'passive smoking never did us any harm as kids', etc.

Laws are usually created for good reason after all, otherwise what's the point?

On Saturday I used the toilet in a petrol station en route to Kidderminster, where me and my dad were involved in a live event, and also purchased sarnies and cans of pop for us both from said garage at the same time. And the toilet was in a bit of a filthy state and almost out of toilet paper, so when paying for the sarnies and cans of pop I picked up after using the toilet I informed the woman behind the till (as the disclaimer notice on the toilet wall urges users to do if they find the facilities in an unsatisfactory state) and she then had the nerve to tut and get all huffy with me as if I had no right to complain about the state of the toilet, and she basically didn't seem interested.

I wasn't even speaking to that woman behind the till abruptly nor vindictively, just basically doing what it said on the notice in the toilet, whose presence in this particular instance seemed rather pointless if the garage shop staff didn't seem to want to know.

But on the flipside, at least that garage didn't do the other extreme by going the whole hog and shutting said toilet to the general public permanently which some other places have been known to do willy-nilly over far lesser instances of being left in a poor state by users, and worst of all, leaving all the prominent signage directing people to such toilet facilities fully intact, which then inadvertently amounts to false advertising.

I have a flipping cold.

Meh. :(

Page 1191 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 191691109111411181118911901191

Thread Information