Page 1089 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 895899891039107910871088108910901091109911391189 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,890 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Experience shows she won't, sadly. She'll eat fish and chips on a weekly basis with other people, but the moment I offer somewhere it's full of stuff that'll poison her.

I'd have sympathy with her anxiety issues if only she'd acknowledge she actually had them.
    I can commiserate with you a bit. My mom knows full well she's got debilitating anxiety and does see a therapist, but makes little progress. My parents are down visiting now and it takes her over an hour to take a shower because of her OCD. I called her yesterday morning and the first thing she said was that she's running behind because she was up from 3am-4:30am worrying there was a shooter in the hotel and coming up with an escape plan, then she couldn't get in the shower because she forgot her shampoo and was worried she'd be allergic to the stuff in the hotel. Finally, more than two hours later she was ready to come to my house. I have sympathy for her because I know how bad anxiety can be, but I also have a lot of resentment because I inherited my anxiety from her. All my health anxiety and food anxieties mirror hers since I grew up with her. I always have to jump in before she give these worries to my daughter. Today at the park my 4 year old fell and was crying. She lept out of her seat and the first thing she says is - DID SHE BREAK HER ANKLE?? Nothing can just be a small thing. It's always the absolute worst. Any time she spends the night here she'll judge me because I'm not going in to check on my daughter 10 times a night. If she coughs or sneezes or yawns he feels her head for a fever. My allergies have been back this weekend and I stayed home from lunch yesterday to rest. She asked me about 10 times, "do you think it's just allergies or something else?" ... this is why I am how I am and it's gotten to the point where it just makes me angry. When we went out to eat the first thing she said was that she wanted a salad, but couldn't because the lettuce is always contaminated.

Sorry for the rant! But, I feel you. I hope you have/had a lovely birthday, though!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Experience shows she won't, sadly. She'll eat fish and chips on a weekly basis with other people, but the moment I offer somewhere it's full of stuff that'll poison her.

I'd have sympathy with her anxiety issues if only she'd acknowledge she actually had them.
    Parents should be seen but not heard according to this equation: P = 0

Now of course shutting them up is another issue and I have found 3 methods on Complaints Database:

1 Wear industrial ear protectors.
    2 Sit at least 4 metres away from them at all times and keep saying "Eh?"
    3 Them them to "Shut the fvck up!"

We hope this solves your problem (but doubt it very much)

Never Surrender, Comrade

Erin, I totally get you on the resentment side; I know a lot of my anxiety comes from my mother but I try so hard not to let it impact negatively on my loved ones.

I'd have more sympathy if over the years I hadn't categorically been told not to talk to her about my self-harming, the sexual abuse I suffered at the hands of a firmer partner or even the bloody scar I got after skin cancer surgery.

...Not bitter

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Oh blimey....she'd be at home on the HA board then?

Seriously though, don't take it to heart. She's probably worried and can only think about her own problems. Mother's Day won't be on her "horizon" yet but I bet she'll come round to the idea and a trip out will give her something lovely to anticipate. You can steer the conversation away from her "outpourings" if she insists on discussing things over a delicious lunch x
    Stick the kettle on as you're in office, Agt P

Never Surrender, Comrade

Sorry Blue Iris..I had no idea you had such problems with your Mum. It must be very hard for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Stick the kettle on as you're in office, Agt P
    The kettle needs a good descaling. Why didn't my replacement do the necessary sanitisation?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The kettle needs a good descaling. Why didn't my replacement do the necessary sanitisation?
    Because I couldn't find a replacement for you on eBay and it was cheaper to just buy a new kettle

It's in the broom cupboard!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Today's complaint is re "bed bugs". I entered this gripe into the C-Database and found 3 solutions:

1. Sleep on a leather sofa in your clothes. The pesky critters don't like leather smell or sweaty clothes.
    2. Don't sleep. It's overrated and a total waste of valuable time you could spend complaining.
    3. Down a bottle of vodka. You'll be so wasted you wouldn't even feel a shark bite.

I hope this helps kill the blood-sucking parasites. Dead

---------------------------------End of Complaint

Never Surrender, Comrade

Where's a good old fashioned leech when you need one?

Overworked at Westminster?

They should be administered a lethal dose of their own austerity

Just putting kettle on...one lump or two, Agt P?

NEXT!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 1089 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 895899891039107910871088108910901091109911391189 ... LastLast

Thread Information