Page 1127 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 1276271027107711171125112611271128112911371177 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,270 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Gary, Purdue Pharma is not an outlier. Do you think Bill Gates the computer guy is getting involved with vaccines because he's a nice guy? He's about money and that's it.

And you're kind of making my point these drug company spend billions and billions hopefully getting their drugs to market. can you imagine the pressure that is on them to do so? That's why they are not above anything when it comes to getting their product out there to the masses.
    Last edited by Noivous; 28-06-20 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Gary, Purdue Pharma is not an outlier. Do you think Bill Gates the computer guy is getting involved with vaccines because he's a nice guy? He's about money and that's it.
    I don’t really care what Bill Gates is doing, I find anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists obsession with the guy utterly bizarre if I’m honest.

I’m interested in the science and evidence behind vaccination programmes. The science works, the evidence is there in abundance and has been for decades.

If people stand to make a lot of money, well, that’s just the world we live in. There will not be any vaccine on the market that hasn’t passed safety and efficacy testing. If you don’t trust the science behind those tests then again I simply refer you to the success of vaccination programmes.

Same with oxy.

I was on Omeprazole for 10 years per docs orders for gerd. Then several studies came out linking it to Alzheimer's (explains s lot huh?). About two years ago I went to a gastro doc for a colonoscopy. He ask what drugs I was on and I said Omeprazole. He asked for how long? I said 10 years. He said what the hell are you doing on it for 10 years?!
    I said docs orders for gerd. He said stop taking it right now. Only take it when needed. Do know how many people are on it right now as a maintenance drug? I'd say millions.
    You talk about evidence. You can't prove a negative. If I take the flu shot and don't get the flu would you say I didn't get the flu because of the shot?
    Also, the flu shot is not a vaccine like the polio vaccine. There probably will never be a "vaccine" for covid. The flu shot is made up of dead cells where a vaccine is made up of live cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    You talk about evidence. You can't prove a negative. If I take the flu shot and don't get the flu would you say I didn't get the flu because of the shot?
    That’s not direct evidence, no, but that’s not how efficacy is shown. Believe it or not, scientists don’t base efficacy on an individual, that’s why vaccines are trialed in thousands of people. If you vaccinate 1000 people and none of them are infected with flu, that’s very strong evidence of efficacy. These trials generally involve tens of thousands of people so that evidence becomes stronger still.

GPs know about the Alzheimer's connection with PPIs over here. There's also the link with osteoporosis with long term use.

It’s also worth noting that AstraZaneca, the company behind the production of the Oxford vaccine, are now trialling their vaccine in Brazil and South Africa as there are not enough cases in the UK to prove efficacy.

They have made it very public that their vaccine cannot be proven to work if only used in the UK. Surely that flies in the face of this notion of them rushing it out? If that were the case, you’d think they’d happily base efficacy on the British public and champion the lack of infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    It’s also worth noting that AstraZaneca, the company behind the production of the Oxford vaccine, are now trialling their vaccine in Brazil and South Africa as there are not enough cases in the UK to prove efficacy.

They have made it very public that their vaccine cannot be proven to work if only used in the UK. Surely that flies in the face of this notion of them rushing it out? If that were the case, you’d think they’d happily base efficacy on the British public and champion the lack of infection?
    Well I suppose that particular cloud had a silver lining, in the sense that there aren't enough CV cases here in the UK ATM to prove said vaccine's efficacy.

I know this will probably be controversial to say, but one of my biggest gripes ATM is that our Labour party almost always seems to get it in the neck over virtually everything that's wrong with the UK, both in power and in opposition.

Page 1127 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 1276271027107711171125112611271128112911371177 ... LastLast

Thread Information