Page 1153 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 153653105311031143115111521153115411551163 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,530 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Uh oh...I'm one of those project people :/ But I haven't heard my neighbors complain. I try not to start too early in the morning as I'm not a morning person. I also don't use the band saw, as I'm scared of it LOL
    In my previous life (first marriage) we had the neighbours from hell. We caught workmen digging up about a foot of our front lawn because the neighbour wanted to make his driveway wider so his Mrs could get the car up and down it. Every previous occupant had managed but apparently it was an issue for her? We got legal advice before my (then) husband went out and removed the paving bricks which were on our boundary..

They literally complained about everything - even got the council to record sound levels from our house. The report found 'no issue whatsoever'.

He built a shed at the bottom of his garden. Not a normal shed but one which was about two sizes taller than a normal one and which put paid to the view we used to have. It was needless. He used to keep his lawnmower and tools in there. It was just to get one over us..

These are the kind of @rseholes they were (are)

So they decided to have an extension built and everyday they had the builders start at a reasonable hour because they (and their kids) wanted peace and quiet in the mornings. Then, they went away for a fortnight and the workmen started banging and drilling at 8am. We asked them wtf? They told us that they were under orders from the neighbours to start as early as possible while they were away.

I wish Hubs was a project person Vee. He does things (eventually) but it's under duress, and he huffs and puffs through every second of it. Whereas my dear old dad wasn't happy unless he was DIYing..

I live in a house of old relics (myself included). On either side of me both sides have had huge double extensions put in. Work started at 730am on the dot, radio blaring, constant noise both human and mechanical..Their work trucks would block my drive and they would grumble if I got them to move them..Horrible rude yobs. Awful scenario for my son to come home to after a few months in hospital but they had no consideration for him even though I had asked them politely to turn their radio down a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I live in a house of old relics (myself included). On either side of me both sides have had huge double extensions put in. Work started at 730am on the dot, radio blaring, constant noise both human and mechanical..Their work trucks would block my drive and they would grumble if I got them to move them..Horrible rude yobs. Awful scenario for my son to come home to after a few months in hospital but they had no consideration for him even though I had asked them politely to turn their radio down a bit...
    It's awful isn't it?

Thankfully next door to us is rented and the landlord only does the very basics on the house, and even then, he's shite. The tightwad only had the bottom windowsill painted. The top one is flaking off and a different colour. He's also a dick and whenever we text him over something that affects his property, he's rude and aggressive. When we had our drive done, we had to take the front wall down (obvs) leaving the brick wall on either side. Both were made safe and finished off. Next thing, the knobhead pulls up in his van and starts doing the hokey-cokey - driving back and forth - eyeing up the brickwork! It's not even his wall! It's ours. Bloke's a head-the ball...

I'm very lucky that all my immediate neighbors are nice. In the previous place I lived, I had some horrible ones, off and on, and most of the conflicts there were due to parking. My old neighborhood had terrible parking.

It's a catch-22, isn't it? No one wants the sound of construction, but then when people let their property go to shit, it brings down the neighborhood. There are people about four houses down from me that never mow their lawn... And for about 2 months, their entire entry way from their driveway to their front porch was filled with junk like an old couch, tires, boxes, etc. They must have only been able to get in through the garage. How these people don't get in trouble from the city, I'm not sure...

The moans and groans about people using lawnmowers, hoovers, power tools, DIY-ing, etc at the crack of sparrows on the Digital Spy forum I really used to find amusing at times, especially in the long-running 'Trivial things that annoy you intensely' thread.

I can't decide as to whether or not I miss that forum, which was discontinued from late March, even though I was never actually a member of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    The moans and groans about people using lawnmowers, hoovers, power tools, DIY-ing, etc at the crack of sparrows on the Digital Spy forum I really used to find amusing at times, especially in the long-running 'Trivial things that annoy you intensely' thread.

I can't decide as to whether or not I miss that forum, which was discontinued from late March, even though I was never actually a member of it.
    A bloke used to live over the road from us who had the most horrid sounding lawnmower ever, that used to emit an excruciating high-pitched whining sound, which he had for years.

Thank God he moved away during the summer of 2018 and took his horrible sounding mower with him!

Those who live there now have a hover-type mower, whose sound doesn't bother me anywhere near as much.

Today's complaint is about birds..

I had Hubs put up two bird boxes and a table to attract the small birdies like sparrows, robins, and tits..

This was my dream, my vision - my hope..

So far, I've seen magpies, jackdaws and pigeons!

I know they're God's creatures too and they have to eat blah blah blah but the small birdies don't get a look in. The Jackdaws are going through me fat balls in ten minutes flat, and the b'stards are shitting all over my conservatory roof. Literally can't see for bird shit!

This morning I was treated to the sight of an enormous magpie fighting with two pigeons (who I've named Liam and Noel)

How can I deter these big birds and attract the smaller ones?

I tried bird feeders in our little back yard, hubby even got carried away and made home made fat balls etc. Not one bird ate from them, in fact they sprouted in the end.

I'd like to complain about NHS Occupational Health. I know they're very busy, but I left a message on one number, emailed them and tried phoning about a million times (slight exaggeration) on another and still heard diddly squat back from them.

Don't they realise I have mental health issues!!!! Actually they probably don't. But they should realise I'm a very important person. I have ale to deliver to a friends house, I have books to collect, I have a dog to walk!

Obviously I'm not very patient and to be honest it's a bit hot outside for me (and the dog) at the moment. But according to a colleague I don't have to isolate, but would like it officially confirmed.

I've tried phoning 43 times and still not got through to anyone. Balls!!

Page 1153 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 153653105311031143115111521153115411551163 ... LastLast

Thread Information