Page 1160 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 160660106011101150115811591160116111621170 ... LastLast
Results 11,591 to 11,600 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Currently the state of other's people's parking in our cul de sac is annoying me and making me anxious. Small cars taking up two spaces on a regular basis, not considering other neighbours. If I go out in my car I dread coming home wondering if I'll have anywhere to park. It's a stupid thing but it just gets to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Chugger: How would like to save a dying arrdvaark?

Tattooed Biker: About as much as you’d like a punch in the gob!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Chuggers & Chugging

Recently I had a close encounter of the turd kind with one of these charity muggers – not the first and probably not the last… sadly. I cannot understand how their thinking being obnoxious and in-your-face is going to ingratiate anyone into supporting whatever charity they’re touting for. And it’s always a similar story….

Chugger (bounding alongside me): EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME… I SAID EXCUSE ME!!!

Me: Avoids eye contact and tries to get past.

Chugger (trying to get in front of me): YOU’RE A VERY RUDE MAN!

Me (shocked and angry): What did you just say?

Chugger (assuming moral superiority pose): I’M TRYING TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE PLIGHT OF… (and this can be anything from Aardvarks Against CFCs to Folks Dying From Something Or Other).

Me: Stop shouting and listen. I’ll decide what charities I support, and as a matter of principle, I’ll never support any that use chuggers to demand money with menaces. Good day.

Chugger (looking smugly at the small crowd of innocent bystanders): YEAH, RIGHT! LIKE I SAID, YOU’RE A VERY RUDE MAN!

I loathe these people, who think their sweatshirts bearing whatever charity logo are cloaks of respectability for behaving in the most appallingly confrontational manner.

The best encounter I’ve seen is when that similar scene went…

Chugger: How would like to save a dying arrdvaark?

Tattooed Biker: About as much as you’d like a punch in the gob!

They're lucky they aren't in the US. Someone would tell them to F off LOL

Arrogant chuggers are the pits...To be avoided at all costs.

Husband almost ended up under the manhole in our yard this weekend (again)

We're having our son's room re-vamped and he (hubs) decided to relocate (and replace) the radiator. This is what he used to do for a living before he went climbed up to management level (and world domination in general) so you'd think this would be a piece of piss?

Not so..

Hubs is carrying a bit more timber now than when he was on the tools and he's not as agile either. I lost count of the amounts of swear words coming from his direction.

We almost filed for divorce when he'd nailed everything back in and I asked him to double check he'd fixed a leak.

That's it now.

No more.

If we need any jobs doing from now on, we will have to pay for someone to come and do them. End of. With each moan, grumble, complaint, and expletive - I edged ever closer to picking up something heavy which would take him out in one blow..

Plus, I saw his @rse crack.

I have fibromyalgia and I dismantled a garden trug and jet-washed the back yard while he was sorting out the radiator. I couldn't move by the time I got in (and was sick all yesterday) but I did my dying quietly. I didn't go with a sound-barrier-breaking 'OOOOH-OOOOOH-OOOOOOOH-OOOOOOOH!!!!!' every time I moved like he did, the ponce!

I offered the dude a massage, painkillers, and food. He refused them all! What's a wife to do?

Then he almost blew a gasket when I told him that the radiator will have to come off when the decorators come in because we've gone with a modern slatted rad where the wall shows through..

Rant over.

Just had the 'Sorry but there are items missing from your Morrison's order'.

Quote Originally Posted by totleygirl View Post
    Currently the state of other's people's parking in our cul de sac is annoying me and making me anxious. Small cars taking up two spaces on a regular basis, not considering other neighbours. If I go out in my car I dread coming home wondering if I'll have anywhere to park. It's a stupid thing but it just gets to me.
    Whilst not directly an issue for me (as I don't drive), it's definitely one of my dad's bugbears, where idiots park across two spaces (over the separating line), or park 'diagonally'/in a 'wonky' way.

It really winds him up big time!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Annoying idiots. One got me at a low point with all the guilt tripping and I signed up. Then the charity constantly pestering for increased donations.

Result? Cancelled and nothing again to ActionAid. Stop using chuggers!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Husband almost ended up under the manhole in our yard this weekend (again)

We're having our son's room re-vamped and he (hubs) decided to relocate (and replace) the radiator. This is what he used to do for a living before he went climbed up to management level (and world domination in general) so you'd think this would be a piece of piss?

Not so..

Hubs is carrying a bit more timber now than when he was on the tools and he's not as agile either. I lost count of the amounts of swear words coming from his direction.

We almost filed for divorce when he'd nailed everything back in and I asked him to double check he'd fixed a leak.

That's it now.

No more.

If we need any jobs doing from now on, we will have to pay for someone to come and do them. End of. With each moan, grumble, complaint, and expletive - I edged ever closer to picking up something heavy which would take him out in one blow..

Plus, I saw his @rse crack.

I have fibromyalgia and I dismantled a garden trug and jet-washed the back yard while he was sorting out the radiator. I couldn't move by the time I got in (and was sick all yesterday) but I did my dying quietly. I didn't go with a sound-barrier-breaking 'OOOOH-OOOOOH-OOOOOOOH-OOOOOOOH!!!!!' every time I moved like he did, the ponce!

I offered the dude a massage, painkillers, and food. He refused them all! What's a wife to do?

Then he almost blew a gasket when I told him that the radiator will have to come off when the decorators come in because we've gone with a modern slatted rad where the wall shows through..

Rant over.
    All he's got to do (when the decorators come) is turn the valves off, loosen the union nuts, drain a bit of water off out of the radiator and lean it forward. Doesn't take long.

If he's got the plumbing skills to relocate a radiator and do the jointing it should be a doddle.

If you get a man in will your bloke be watching him throughout rather than getting his feet up and letting him get on with it?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You're dead right, Pulisa!

Some of them should be arrested and charged with potential 'breach of the peace', especially when behaving in an abusive and threatening manner when accosting innocent members of the general public then trying to aggressively cajole them into parting with their money. Does sometimes make me wonder if they're always genuine, if they're sometimes actually vagrants disguised as 'chuggers'?

Also, they're a potential trigger for certain members of the general public who are already a bit volatile themselves and therefore perfect fodder for an epic street punch-up!

Plus don't get me started on epically pushy salespersons in certain shops, market stalls, etc, who accost people who simply want to browse the stores/stalls in peace without being nagged to death into buying specific items that they don't need or aren't even interested in.

They can all bloody well eff off and just leave us customers well alone and in peace to browse at will. Ditto for the serial chuggers!

Page 1160 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 160660106011101150115811591160116111621170 ... LastLast

Thread Information