Page 1161 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 161661106111111151115911601161116211631171 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,610 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Revamping your son's bedroom?????!!!! It took my daughter 3 years to accept her bedroom walls being repainted by decorators!! The decision re paint colour beforehand was a major one and caused such stress!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Revamping your son's bedroom?????!!!! It took my daughter 3 years to accept her bedroom walls being repainted by decorators!! The decision re paint colour beforehand was a major one and caused such stress!!
    It's being re-vamped to be a gamers room with a double bed and a big TV. This is his number one obsession so he's coping. Also we're doing it in stages so it's not a big change all at once..

How wonderful for him..A Pokemon Paradise!! My daughter has a small room so any change is mega and has to be "perfect"..

He must be thrilled at the prospect of a gamers room and I'm sure your husband will love it too!

He must be thrilled at the prospect of a gamers room and I'm sure your husband will love it too!
    He's not loving plumbing in the radiator..

Nooooooooo..A Christmas ad already and not even October!!!

Nooooooooo..A Christmas ad already and not even October!!!
    Oh bloody hell!

Which one? I saw two for Studio the last two nights. And yes, we did moan about it!

The chocs and dec have started appearing the last weeks in some shops.

It was the Studio one, Terry..Getting in "early". Mind you, with the current situation as it is and gloom,doom and shortages in abundance, maybe we all need a taste of the excesses of fictional Christmases?

My latest annoyance, though relatively trivial and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, is a pub near where we live that has a big sign outside that reads 'WE ARE NOW OPEN', that has been up since the first lockdown ended in the summer of last year, but has remained up ever since, and through both the second and third lockdowns when all the pubs were actually shut.

Just smacks of dumb, meaningless hyperbole IMO, plus was also false advertising during the second and third lockdowns!

Same for the name 'Black Friday' whose event is now spread over several days.
    Dumb and meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I’d guess it was just too much bother to take down that sign once erected; like those shops which have a ‘sale now on!’ sign stuck up forever…. Perhaps a sign of apathy?
    Don't get me started on that!

Back in late 2015, there was a shop that opened in my town centre (that was relatively shortlived, surprise surprise!) that sold budget stuff, and they put a slogan on their fascia under their name that read 'Beat The Credit Crunch', and my immediate thought was 'Credit Crunch? Had they been living under a rock for the previous 4-5 years or so?' Especially as the Credit Crunch/GFC had already petered out well before 2015.

Another naive example of meaningless hyperbole!

Page 1161 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 161661106111111151115911601161116211631171 ... LastLast

Thread Information