Page 1170 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 170670107011201160116811691170117111721180 ... LastLast
Results 11,691 to 11,700 of 11893

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

The whatiffery and whataboutery on another forum in response to some high-profile footy matches being cancelled due to players testing positive for Covid.

Someone said 'if the matches are cancelled it means the thousands of punters that would have otherwise attended will be spared from catching Covid there, or spreading it' and others responded with comments like 'Yeah but what if those punters decide to go to the pub or go clubbing instead, and still end up catching it or spreading it?'

I still have birthday cards and some Christmas card from the past but I don't look at them because it triggers me into nostalgia and that is bad for me, but glad some people still enjoy that. Was a nice time to see those in the mailbox besides bills.

Anyways ... Happy New Year. Having a struggle trying to leave last year behind still and am in limbo still (hard to explain).

Really good to have you back, Sal..Hope that things get a bit easier for you to manage as time goes on and that there are better days ahead. There's nothing bad about being in limbo.

Happy New Year Sal!

Thank you so much ... glad to be back

Tw@s who bother me with work stuff and won't piss off and let me have my lunchbreak when I politely ask them to piss off and let me have my lunchbreak.

Sorry to hear that; Iris, I hope you get your break

I can't bear this "Plat-num" Jubilee (Jubbly). Please..why not Plat-in-um? Are there 2 pronunciations of this wretched word?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I can't bear this "Plat-num" Jubilee (Jubbly). Please..why not Plat-in-um? Are there 2 pronunciations of this wretched word?
    On a similar note (and I'm sure I already mentioned this in another thread on here last year), there was a right snarky 'know-it-all' classroom assistant at the residential school I attended between 86 and 88 who insisted that potato was spelt 'potatoe', tomato spelt 'tomatoe', etc, and she made me miss 2 minutes of break time because I argued with her against those misspellings.

And strangely, my main class teacher (who did actually have a brain) seemed
    totally oblivious to it all.

That same classroom assistant also used to get quite personal towards me by claiming that my inappropriate behaviours were making her feel ill, as if she was trying to personally guilt-trip me into good behaviour.

Seriously, if odd behaviours from us pupils with LDs really were such the bane of her life, then perhaps she should have considered another career!

Anyway, rant over!

Cross with myself.

I was helping a friend this morning in her stall at a train station in the nearby city. As we were setting up the woman setting up the stall next to us collapsed. She was kind of gasping but was unresponsive. I have had basic life support training lots of time for work - I seemed to completely forget it and all I could do was put her in the recovery position and phone 999. Thankfully a doctor (who was getting a train) arrived within about a minute, quickly followed by an A&E consultant (who was also catching a train) and they took over.

She had to be shocked twice before the ambulance came.

Just cross with myself because I thought she was breathing I put her in the recovery position when she was actually having a heart attack.

Fortunately I have my basic life support training next Thursday so hopefully it'll give me a kick up the arse to remember it.

Not a great morning.

Page 1170 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 170670107011201160116811691170117111721180 ... LastLast

Thread Information