Page 1172 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 172672107211221162117011711172117311741182 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Do you get any reassurance from this? The very fact that she is well enough to do this on the day after her HA is proof that your actions played a significant part in saving her life..And no "yes but" thoughts please?!

I hope you had a quiet day as planned and managed to find some peace..

It actually did make me feel better that she contacted the station. She must be doing so much better.

Yes, I had a nice day, every time I thought about it I reassured myself and I just kept busy doing nice things (except for shopping and ironing).

Old habits die hard, but I really need to try and kick this one into touch.

Or maybe just acknowledge that doing yourself down comes naturally and easily but this way of thinking doesn't reflect actual reality and only serves to make you feel miserable and low?

How wonderful that she felt well enough to make a phone call just one day after such a major potentially fatal collapse...and how lucky she was to be where she was at the time.

You are right P. I'll keep working at it.

Honestly the woman involved really couldn't have chosen a better time/place if she tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    You are right P. I'll keep working at it.

Honestly the woman involved really couldn't have chosen a better time/place if she tried.
    She probably got a quicker response than Christian Eriksson or Fabrice Muamba. I hope that you will feel better as you reflect on these facts. Goodness you're a true heroine (oh I know the PC word is hero)

You did so well..and that's not a platitude. Maybe you will get a chance to meet the lady after she has been discharged if that's what you'd both like?

She must be doing well to be contacting the station. They do say how important it is to act quickly but unless you are lucky to have a doctor passing and people like you it might not go so well.

Your mum would be proud of you. What would she say about you kicking yourself?

LOL! She most definitely say I was being silly. I'm feeling much better about it now I know she's doing well. Roll on my Basic Life Support training on Thursday. I've got a few questions I want to ask them, I've done the training quite a lot of times before but it's definitely a whole different kettle of fish when it's a real person and not a dummy.

You can get it wrong with a dummy but the responsibility to get it right with a real person must be overwhelming.

Wow Catkins, what an experience to go through. That woman was so lucky to have you and the doctors nearby. I’m glad she’s recovering.

A woman once had a sort of stroke (it was actually a burst blood vessel) in front of me & 2 others where I worked. It was just horrible for her. I had the task of calling her husband to let him know she had been taken by the ambulance & where to go. She recovered, but she spent a lot of weeks in hospital. I still think about her often a few years on. She used to sit on her own in an office, and it was just chance that she came in to ours to tell us she wasn’t feeling great.

I’m booked in for a 1st aid course in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must have been scary Scass!

Page 1172 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 172672107211221162117011711172117311741182 ... LastLast

Thread Information