Thread: cant stop crying

cant stop crying

the tiniest thing can reduce me to a sobbing wreck,especially reminders of the childhood I never had.my own children are so lovely they break my heart with kindness.In honouring them and their beautiful innocence I can but admit that mine was destroyed.we were at a horse sanctuary on saturday and i was asked by my wee one if she could have a go on a carousel.of course she could.but as she spun in innocent childhood happiness,tears streamed down my face at the simplicity of her needs,and how anyone could violate that.there are times i stand at the window,sobbing out my mums name and begging the universe to keep my children safe.i am a damaged man.but keeping my girls happy and safe makes me a happy and lucky man.

Re: cant stop crying

you are a lucky man but i think you need to address the issuse ,of your own childhood speack to yourdocter about feeling so low
    Last edited by gypsywomen; 23-03-10 at 18:39. Reason: words

How awful for you. You obviously had a difficult childhood, or from what you say, it was stolen from you.

Watching and loving your children makes you happy - but it sounds like it also reminds you of what you did not have. That awful in between feeling of happiness and sadness.

Have you talked to anyone (a therapist) so that you may try at least to put ghosts to rest. You have the rest of your life...would be a shame to spoil this part too.

Hugs to you.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

sorry about spelling and words joined but my laptop keys playig up ,hope you are ok

Be proud that you are bringing up a lovely, healthy family. Talk to someone about issues in your past. Don't keep them to yourself and carry the weight on your shoulder. You can get through this and move on if you speak to someone. Why don't you ask your gp?
    Myra x

thanks to you all xxxxx

I believe there is nothing wrong with feeling like that at times.
    You must be a very sensitive man....this is rare...

I also cry at times when i look at my kids, but mainly when i am overwhelmed either with joy or sadness or stressed.

We have to train ourselves to be strong emotionally.
    We can cry one moment and then stop and forget even about it. In this case there is no harm...

Ash

You certainly can't change the past but you can and are changing the future. You sound like a fantastic dad you children will never ever forget that as you have never forgotten your childhood.

It is 100% ok to cry and to feel sad, we certainly can't help what triggers our emotions and it's much better to let those emotions out.

I hope you find peace hun!

Lisa
    x

Thread Information