Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumour scares - What is this stomach pain and bloating?

Tumour scares - What is this stomach pain and bloating?

Having a real bad time at the moment. I seem to be in pain from the minute I wake until the minute I go to sleep. Lately I have been getting terrible bloating. Somedays it's so bad I can't do my trousers up. Today I found myself rubbing my stomach like I used to when there was a baby in it!

It is particularly bloated in my upper abdomen. It is quite hard and makes me look pregnant. It has been weeks now. I take Omeprazole and have done for a few weeks but I'm sure I started getting this bloated feeling before taking them (but nowhere near as bad). When I lay down it's not too bad and the pain is not waking me up but as soon as I get up (even before I eat or drink), it is instantly there. I walk a few steps and my stomach looks large again and causes pain. My stools aren't normal either. I go a few times a day which alternates from runny to feeling constipated. As I write this I am absolutely terrified as actually putting my symptoms down on text makes it sound even more likely to be something bad.

I worry that a huge tumour in my stomach is growing daily and taking over me. Yes, I know I should go to the Doctors but I'm even too scared to do that in case they confirm my fears. I was looking at my stomach in the mirror last night and one side looks slightly more swollen than the other (my right side which is the liver side which makes me even more scared as I have a health fear about my liver anyway).

I do suffer from health anxiety and IBS but can't ever remember having bloating this bad or daily pain this bad. I am fighting with myself to not google the symptoms so I am really hoping someone can help on here and answer one or more of my questions below.

Has anyone suffered bloating and pain that has lasted weeks? Maybe with reflux and taking Omeprazole? Can IBS symptoms really cause this much bloating? If it is something more serious, can it grow this big so quickly? Is there a reason my stomach looks slightly more swollen on one side?

I would seriously appreciate any comments at all. I am so low I can't focus doing anything today and my poor 2 year old is sitting here with me bored because I can't face going out.

Does anyone else feel ill on a daily basis? I just want to wake up and feel positive and look forward to the day ahead but how can I feel positive when I'm always feeling ill?

Re: Tumour scares - What is this stomach pain and bloating?

What you've described are commong symptoms of IBS but are also common side effects of Omeprazole so it could be either:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100004292.html

Hey Jenza

Firstly, sorry you are having such a horrible time of it. I sometimes look pregnant I bloat so much, I too am on Omeprazole, and I think its all connected, IBS, bloating, reflux etc.. But then I am not a Dr and can only give you an opinion on my situation. I would urge you to go to the Doctors, not because I think anything is hideously wrong, but also because you need peace of mind, you need to get checked out, and you need to do it for your sake and the sake of your little one otherwise it will drive you insane.

I have a terrible fear about my liver, have just had some tests done and they all came back OK, believe me I did not expect that.

I have fits and spurts when I feel great, these last couple of days I have felt terrible, so I totally sympathise.

Call that Doc!!

Lots of love
    xxx

I can and will get through this....

Thank you both. Sadly before you both replied I googled and discovered I have similar symptoms to colon cancer. I am now sitting here crying, not just because I now fear I have colon cancer but because my poor little boy was trying to get my attention and I shouted at him because I was so busy reading up about my symptoms. How crap is that.

Anybody had Pancreaitis

Sorry I posted in wrong bit

Hi,

Wow... this post was made for me!!

Where do i start, I started with extremeley bad stomach pains, very high up in the stomach back in Novemeber 09, this is really when my HA got going!!! I was given omeprazole to reduced the acid in my stomach. I did not see any improvement in my symptoms so i kept going back and going back. But guess what - anxiety produces more acid as it is a fight response, wow a vicious circle! I did not see an ease in symptoms till about January when i realised anxiety was making everything worse :( I accepted that the docs do know what they are talking about and that i should listen when they say once my anxiety levels are down the stomach pain will reduce. Guess, what they were right. I have been having 4 week reviews with my GP to make sure that the symptoms are at bay but he has now given me 8 weeks of omeprazole and then i have to come off it!! I had blood tests and stool samples taken and all is fine!!

With the IBS, this is too made worse by anxiety. I haven't really had a day since starting with HA where i haven't had some discomfort although of late all has been much better as my anxiety is getting more manageable!! I have lots of bloating and i hate it, very self- concious.

My advice to you would be to first make a diary of what is or isn't making you worse. What makes you worse aviod that food for a while - why upset your stomach more than you have to. Also go to your GP, they will check that it is nothing to worry about. I was obssessed it was cancer or a tumor but given i haven't had any trouble since January i am guessing it was just HA!!

If you want to message me please do i would happily talk about this with anyone till the cows come home LoL!

Please stay as positive as you can!! Do not fear the worst about seeing your doc remember they are there to diagnose and i know we read the stories about tragedies but these will always happen, we do not hear of the amount of success these doctors have and the life saving they do every day as that is not news!!

for you x

Thanks Gabi, I appreciate your reply. I realise I may need to visit the Dr, as much as it terrifies me, maybe for the sake of my kids rather than for me cos today I have been a rubbish mum which makes me feel even more down than I do already.

I am 4.5 stone overweight too which doesn't help as colon cancer can be caused by unhealthy lifestyle. This just adds up to my guilt. My kids mean more than anything in the world to me so the thought I have to leave them behind if I am ill or get cancer just terrifies me and is made worse because it could be down to me.

could be gastritis? I just had a nasty time with it. I was really bloated and had shooting pains tht came across my lower back/stomach.

just started on omeprazole for reflux.

Jenza,

There are other symptoms to Colon Cancer - is there a history of colon cancer in your family? Remember cancer is very treatable now and lots of people live through it more than ever. What are you doing to your body if you leave it any longer - the key with cancer is an early diagnosis!! I do not believe for one second that you have cancer but please go see your GP soon to be sure!

Never relaxed makes a point about Gastritis - i had this last May and it is very painful, if it is treated quickly the symptoms will pass quickly and given you are on Omeprazole already i doubt this will be what you are suffering from!

I don't have children yet but i know i annoy the hell out of my partner when i am having a bad spell. All will be forgiven when you are on the mend.

One tip ignore Dr Google - it is a real big NO NO!! See a real doctor or ring NHS direct. They are quite good, i practically have them on speed-dial LoL!

Here anytime

Thank you to everyone. I think the only way to move forward is to see my Dr. Not looking forward to it though :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information