Thread: working from home

working from home

i really need to get a job but the thought of it is maing me really panic. my anxiety is getting worse. does anyone know of any jobs that you can get at home? or working on tere own. i dont mind going out by myself but can tbe around a lot of people. this is really getting me down what worse the worry about money or the worry about a job. every day i wake up crying with worry. but i need todo this but dont know where to start.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: working from home

I think we'd all like working from home but unfortunately it isn't very easy to do so.

I think if you could do some voluntary work it'd help build your confidence and get you on the road to working with people again. It isn't easy getting back into work if you've had long periods away from it, but I think voluntary work could be a step in the right direction for you.

Ask about it and see what you think and good luck.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi,,,,Been there and got the T shirt,,,I work from home.

There are good sides and bad,,,,,,good coz i am safe and cozy,,,bad I dont have human interaction, and makes agrophobia worse !!!!

I sell on ebay,,,I started off with £30.00 loan and built up to where I am now,,only 9 months,,,but now i turn over £1500 per month.

I brought stuff that was really cheap and dressed the ads up when i sold so i acted as a middle man.

I think its a great idea as it keeps your mind active,,,but you do need to go out walking for example at least twice a day !!!!!

If you have any further questions,,please feel free to email me,,,,

Regards

Snippy

hi

i too feel the same, icant get out to work due to agriphobia, i realy miss working i used to work in a school, i have done ironing for people,you could advertise yourself some where ie newspaper or shop. ive tried ebay myself ive sold mine and my families bits and bobs, i wouldlove to make a buisness out of it myself but its very hard to find good cheap stuff to sell on, any advise snippy.
    i wish you well.

Hi

I work from home.

I do the job that Ive always done as I didnt want to work for somebody else.

I do telesales/telemarketing/research/appointment setting, if you are good on the phone - could be an option.

I think the suggestion about working as a volunteer is a good idea, maybe a bit of both - the reason being I dont think its a good idea to shut yourself off - so a mixture of both could work. Being a volunteer, not under pressure to do set hours.

I had been off work for six years when I started working four hours a week at a charity shop. At first I wouldn't talk to customers unless I really had to. Which meant I couldn't work the till.

Now I work 18 hours a week in a busy shop with loads of customers, and I'm not shy of ordering people about. I still struggle if I feel watched or talking to superiors. I can't work full time, but I can now imagine a day when I could. I'd like the money

I like the idea of working from home for the money and doing a few hours charity to build your confidence up.

I hope it works out for you. Work's very important to me now.

thanks everyone for eplying i would love to do the telephone job if you could give me any details \on how to get intouch with the company. please. i do go out i also have a befriender who i see every 2 weeks and i also belong to rethink so go out with them.its just the job side doing it by myself and going in somewhere for hours that i cant get out of. so if i did get work from home i would still go out and do these things. thanks for all your help karen

Hiya littlen,
    I work from home now, doing accounts and stock control for a firm.
    If you do find work at home do as snippy says and try and get out as much as you can as well. Don't be a prisoner. It's easy to get into the habit of avoiding going out.
    Hope you find work soon

take care

Mick

Thread Information