Thread: 5-a-side Football Team?

Thumbs up 5-a-side Football Team?

I had a vision today of me playing 5-a-side football. Meeting new people whilst getting fit and having a laugh at my very poor football (lack-of) skillls.

I've not really been able to get it out of my head, so thought oi oi, lets see if anyone else in Yorkshire (or even further) would like to try organise a team, find opponents etc......

This is a great idea (good one me!) - I hope I get some interest but if not then watch out for me running past you holding my olympic style torch high in the quest for socceratio.

Re: 5-a-side Football Team?

I could get a team of agoraphobics together but we would never get out of the bloody changing rooms
    Good idea though chris. Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by mick_uk View Post
    I could get a team of agoraphobics together but we would never get out of the bloody changing rooms
    Good idea though chris. Good luck with it
    LOL!! You could call them Liverpool (my team) as they regulary don't turn up for most matches.

Thanks for the good luck wishes

for a girl, I love football, and would love a game, but I cant even run up the bloody stairs, great idea thou, keep motivated

Emms xxxxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Chris if I lived there I would be up for it, I used to play 11 and 5 a side, loved it

Only problem was we played 5 a side between 9:30 - 11 pm on a monday night, you try getting to sleep after running around like a nutcase for 90 mins .

Don't listen to Mick, when he played he was Left Back (in the changing rooms )

love the idea of a footie team! used to play in goal for my county and then for a club side until a nasty hyperextension of the elbow ended my playing,used to love it,and very good for the mind aswell as body .

Go for it Chris, although I'm from Yorkshire originally, unfortunately I now live too far away to take part but I play 5 a-side once a week and it is the one hour of the week I am CAST IRON GUARENTEED not to think about my anxiety & panic - talk about liberation. I have also just started running and am getting a similar buzz from that too - also proving to myself that if I can do strenuous exercise there can't be that much wrong with me eh !!!!

Thread Information