Thread: Heart skipping beats.

Heart skipping beats.

Just wondered wether or not its normal with anxciety for you heart to just thud and miss a beat? Iv had alot of chest problems to be honest with you, especially since suffering with anxciety and i have had 2 ecgs done which came back normal but im really worrying about this. This is something new. Afew tight chest pains there to. Im so scrared right now. Has anybody else had this? The last thing i want to do is drag my parnter and 3 year old to the hospital for hours for them to say anxciety. Thanks.

Re: Heart skipping beats.

Hi, its totally anxiety.

Ive suffered in exactly the same way.

Ive even gone through periods of having missed beats every few beats that has gone on for 3 days in a row. Each time ending up in A&E.

Each time the ecg caught it and each time i was told it was normal and to go home.

TRUST ME, ur fine. Its TERRIBLE & it really freaks you out!

But you will be fine,it WILL settle down! Distract yourself!

These are called ectopics or PVCs. This site is stuffed full of info about this, let alone the numerous posts so fear not, it's normal! And even more normal for you to be worried! Read some of the posts to put your mind at ease...look at your diet, caffeine, nicotine and alcohol intakes, not to mention drugs, both prescription and recreational. These beats blighted my life for 19 years so if this is new, I urge you to read the posts on this site and just take it from me, YOU AIN'T ABOUT TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK!! Good luck! x

they are definitely ectopics or similar - ive been getting them bad for the last couple of days, it is most definitely scary and it sends u into a deeper anxiety but please read the section on this site on palpatations, i read that everytime i start to get too panicky and it helps ... trust me on that one, i know exactly what you are going through xxxx

Exactly the same thing happened to me only days ago. I have always suffered chest pains since ive had anxiety, but only in the last 4 days have i been having skipped beats. I called and ambulance coz the pains got worse in my chest and i could hardly breathe (panicking lol). Ambulance arrived in minutes and i got taken in. was on a 4hr ecg and was alll fine, chest xray normal. it is just anxiety or pulled chest muscle thats making the pain worse. Ul be fine dont worry 1 bit. my chest is still getting the tigtenings even now but its not worrying me atall as i know its just me thinking about it thats doing it lol! the brain is a funny old thing! good luck xx

Once when I had one of my first full blast Panic Attacks experienced all the symptoms of Heart Attack and Stroke. I had all the burning sensations, exactly where there are supposed to be, the pains in the opposite side to the heart, in right arm, also breathlessness and etc.

Nobody could convince me it was not waht i though because the symptoms were so vivid and real. I cannot remember myself in a worse agony then that time. It was just insane. But I didnt know what panic attack was even after that, BECAUSE NOBODY frm the hospital EVER BOTHERED TELLING ME and explaining what happened to me. Only over a year after I found out it all myself.

Our body is very smart mechanism and its main goal is "To protect us"

I have chest pains now, half of my head thinks time to panic and another half - dont be silly.

I've had ectopics every day for past 20 years- at their worst they are every 3rd beat - I have never really worked out what makes them worse - I tried eating bananas for potassium. Cutting out caffeine etc . I get good and bad times in the good times I might only notice them once or twice a day in the bad times every 3rd beat.

I have had endless 24 hr ecg. echo of heart and even 4 days monitered in hospital - was told by Dr they don't normally mention them if a patient hasn't mentioned them as they are harmless - he was very specific that every patient who complains of them is super anxious.

I am due to have another 24 hr ecg in 10 days time to check ectopics and also because when I am very nervous say anything medical my pulse soars to over 140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a wide variety of chest pain/sensations with skipped beats on a daily basis and I really feel for you. From cramping pain to sharp pain mid chest. I know it has nearly driven me insane. I have been diagnosed with somatization disorder but the pains are so recurring and sometimes severe that I am battling with my gp. It really is a hard thing to deal with and I have after nearly a year convinced my gp that I need to see a cardiologist which she is referring me for and I am now just praying that there is no cad and that this is all anxiety. Hugs to you I know how hard this is. You arent alone.

I'm in the lots of them mode.It's hell and has been for 9 months. Sometimes I get a break for an hour or so....not often though.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

we listen to what is happening inside us including the heartbeat when we turn totally our attention inside , we virtually look inside ourselves and are waiting for something to freak us.

I am now doing this with my flu. High fever was scary, but it was only fever and bad flu, but for me it was very scary - i stayed in bed for days, and still feel very weak and fragile because of fever keeping for so long and anxiety folllwing me as well.

I remember that as soon as I will start turning my eyes from inside of me to the outside - i will not notice any of the disturbances.

Take care

Thread Information