Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increasing Paroxetine dose

Re: Increasing Paroxetine dose

Hi Lauz, thankyou for your repy it really helps does'nt it to know someone else is experiencing the same kind of thing. like you I had a really bad experience with another AD.. sertraline... god I was so bad, really really depressed and anxiety was through the roof, when I told my gp how I felt he told me stop taking them straight away !! thank goodness... Just keep trying to remind myself how much better I am now than then. My GP did'nt give me the option of taking them so slowly as you are, I started at 20 then 30 then 40 all in 4 wks !!! oh ek !! Like you I just want to feel better and when they work properly I don't ever want to come off them !! Here's to only going up up up !!

You're right, it's so reassuring to know that someone else out there is experiencing the same thing. You can feel very isolated when you're experiencing mind altering side effects.

My initial GP, who doesn't have much experience didn't really give me the choice about what doseage to be on, I decided myself because I knew I would not be able to function as a mother straight in at 20mg so I decided to start on 10mg myself. I asked to see a different GP for my follow up appointment one week later and she was brilliant. She prescribed me the syrup so that I could up my dose slowly and asked me to come back in a week to see how I was getting on. Again, she was brilliant and whilst she wouldn't normally prescribe Seroxat she listened to me when I told her that I understood the difference between what was my existing condition and what was a side effect. She agreed that I should have the AD I felt comfortable and happy with but wants to see me regularly to see how I'm progressing. Many GP's aren't as compassionate but I know she has a lot of experience in this area which puts me at ease.

I've had a really good 36hrs (with the exception of some increased anxiety/jitters today which were quickly settled by a couple of vigorous walks to burn off the adrenalin that my body was producing).

What coping mechanisms have you found for your bad days? I have a wide variety that work for me ranging from a vigorous shower (shower power is under rated), vigorous short walks, puzzle books, jigsaws etc etc.

Hi Lauz, today I feel poo !! .... coping mechanisims... I'm not sure I have any to be honest !! Thats rubbish is'nt it... I guess I do though thinking about it, I do some cbt exercises that I learned, breathing properly and concentrating on it helps when I feel panicky, talking to my boyfriend about how I feel helps too. I hate it when I get these bad days I just feel like I'm going back instead of forwards, but really I know how it works that the bad days will get less and less. It's nice to have this site I find it really helps. Hope you're ok today, sorry to go on about all my problems !!

Hi Ella, absolutely no need to be sorry, we're in the same boat.

Today is day 28 for me and I've managed to get to 15mg but my quality of sleep is rubbish and my appetite is near non-existant some days, but when I have a good day I can stuff my face.

Have been terribly congested recently which is making me vomit but since I'm feeling crappy anyway I don't really want to take anything that will make me feel even more odd. GP gave me antibiotics today so fingers crossed they shift it.

Anyways, we should start rounding that corner very soon, the 6-8 week time scale is in sight.

Hi Lauz, sorry to hear you're full of cold that's rubbish... I wish my appetite would dampen down a bit I can't stop flippin eating !!! lol ! You're right hopefully not to much longer now and we'll see and feel some improvement big time ... fingers crossed eh ! Anyway it's been a good day today for me, Iv'e been able to keep much more busy which is great and helps no end. Hope you're ok today

Hi Ella, doing a bit better now, in fact, today has been amazing (despite the cold). How you doing now?

Hi lauz, that's great I'm really pleased you feel so good. I've had a good week so far thanks, feeling a little bit jittery now but I think that's becauce I fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours earlier !! not sure if it's that really !! Anyway had a much better week... this is week 5 since starting and 1 week now at taking 40 mg... Things are looking up for us x

Hi Ella, so glad you've had a good week. I've felt great the last few days, even the morning anx and jitters have subsided massively, just a little OCD in the morning (cause I keep analysing myself and how I'm feeling, but I've been very successful with kicking myself in the backside).

Have had a very active few days which has no doubt helped a lot and I've slept and ate really well too, the combination of all three has made me feel a lot more positive and energised.

Still only on 15mg but will wait a little while longer before upping any further just to let the remaining SE's settle completely so I can better gauge if increasing the dose does bring any unpleasant SE's with it.

Got my letter for CBT/councelling today, just need to ring and get the ball rolling.

Hi Lauz, thats great that you're feeling loads better. Iv'e had a cbt telephone appointment today which was really good and very helpful, I have had a few face to face cbt sessions before too with someone else, the therapist I spoke to today said I sounded like I had learned a lot ! so that's great and she did'nt feel like I needed to actually go for an appointment this time which has made me feel much more positive and much better, she's sending me some information on self help and a couple of book references. Have you had cbt before ? I would definately rate it once you get into that mind set. might not be on here now for a couple of days as a very busy xmas is nearly upon us ! have a good one, happy xmas and here's to a very positive new year x

Hi Ella, I rang up to book my CBT telephone session yesterday. It's not until February but that gives me plenty of time to be back to 100%.

Enjoy Christmas, I certainly will this year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information