Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increasing Paroxetine dose

Re: Increasing Paroxetine dose

Hi Lauz, hope you had a lovely christmas and are continuing to feel better. Iv'e had a bit of a funny day today, feeling a little anx and a bit jittery ! I am due on though so I'm putting it down to hormones !! Anyway I've got some exciting news..... we got engaged on christmas day !! that was a surprise, I'm so happy though. trying to continue with the positive thinking because when I have a funny day it tends to scare me again that the meds are'nt working ! x

WOW ELLA, CONGRATULATIONS, THAT'S WONDERFUL

I've been doing really, really well, a couple of OCD moments, usually only in the morning. My sleep has improved an awful lot, and I've got my appetite back (so no doubt I'll get the stone and a half back soon too), and I'm going back to work next Thursday.

Funnily enough, I had a slightly jittery day today myself, but I put it down to the fact that I was popping into the office to see everyone today. I haven't been at work for 5 weeks so was a little nervous about it, but it was fine.

We're over the hump now though, so it should all be good from here on in, with the odd blip thrown in to keep us on our toes.

Lauz thats great I'm so so pleased you're feeling so much better. Good luck with starting back to work... you'll be fine ! Definatley all on the up now ! You're right with the odd blip now and again to keep us on our toes, today I've felt much better today than yesterday just a bit jittery this eve when I had a couple of friends round but it soon passed.... take care x

well, I had a great period between weeks 4-5 but from the end of week 5 to now (which was 6 weeks on Tuesday), I just feel like I've taken 4 steps back. I feel so awful again. Anxiety back big time, though mainly confined to the mornings, my sleep and appetite are poor again.

I'm not sure what's caused this to be honest, I upped my dose by 2.5 mg gently over a few days to 17.5mg at the end of last week (but I've reduced back to 15mg now), but it could also have been the fear of returning to work. I did go back yesterday and managed 4hrs which was a huge struggle and I had to get one of my bosses to take me home, but today I had such high anxiety that I just couldn't face it. I think I almost had a panic attack and wanted to cry so much, but I just couldn't.

I've managed to get an appointment with the doctor for Monday morning and I think I'll discuss the option of changing meds and see what she suggests as an alternative.

Knowing that I'm not going to work now has settled me down a bit but I just hate feeling in such a bad place.

oh Lauz that's really crap !! poor you !..... I wonder why that happens ?when I was taking sertraline ( even that name scares me now !! ) I was really really good on week 5 but then after that really really bad !! my doc told me to stop them right away. see what the doc says on monday. I'm on 40 mg now and no more propranolol... 40s quite high though I think. Hoping more than anything they continue to make me feel better and better and hopefully 1 day I can try and reduce the dose, but the thought of stopping them completley scares me witless ! take care Lauz x chin up and all that x

Visit to the GP went well this morning and she thought there was some possible truth that by being on less than the minimum theraputic dose I was not yet feeling the full benefits, so she has signed me off for another two weeks to see how I get on, and if after that time I'm still not feeling any significant improvement she will change my meds, trying Cit first. She isn't happy that I'm feeling worse, not better and doesn't want to prolong it any longer than being able to say "I gave them a chance", so lets see what the next two weeks has in store. She's signed me off again until I see her next.

She suggested Cit because its usually her first med of choice, along with Prozac (which I've tried before and didn't get on with) and has a longer half life so generally works quicker. Plus, having already overcome the worst side effects of SSRI's, I probably won't get a repeat of those first two horrendous weeks. She finds that to the patients she has prescribed Cit too, they usually work wonders and don't have to try anything else - but we're all different so I'm willing to give them a try if necessary.

I felt less anx this morning, and certainly for less time than usual too and considering going to the GP usually fills me with dread, this is GOOD! My appetite has started to return too (my stomach was rumbling so loud last night I could have woke the neighbours so had to have a little late night snack), and I wasn't sick this morning which is also GOOD!

So, lets see what the next couple of weeks bring

Hi Everyone

I started on 26 December 2011, 1 tablet a day 20mg. I am not sure when they are supposed to help and work. At the moment I just feel so depressed. So awful. I am seeing my pschiatrist on 17th January, hopefully, this depression period has gone.

Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Hi Lauz.... I have a friend and my mum take cit and they're ok ....mind you that was for depresion rather than anx ! Iv'e stopped taking the propranolol now and feel more jittery but really want to stick with it also trying to stop smoking !! I havent had one now for 3 days and im determined to do it this time, I have to do it for my kids they hate it !! I really hope you start to feel better again really soon... hopefully now youve upped the parox it might kick in a bit more... Im sure I could still do with a bit more but I dare'nt I'd be rattling !! lol x take care lauz keep talking x

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Hi shygirljab, I think paroxetine take a couple of weeks to get into your system and 6 to 8 wks to feel the full affect !! Ive been taking them now for 8 wks all in all... upping the dose now to 40 mg !! I feel 90 times better than I did but not quite 100 percent !! fngers crossed for all of us at our different stages of recovery xx

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

sorry shygirlajb.... got your name the wrong way round !

Well, I've woken up with a little anx and feeling really flat, can only describe it as depression - no will, motivation, no emotions other than frustration and anger at feeling so, so awful. Its so demoralising and stuggling to find hope that the upped dose will work.

Was sick again this morning (dry heaving I think it is when there's nothing to bring up), but got myself into the shower, which I've been finding hard to do of late - it involves motivation after all.

I keep telling myself its side effects, because I never felt like this before I started taking Seroxat again, but I've never felt like this on the previous occassions (although I've always started straight in at 20mg and never need to go any higher than that).

Starting to believe all the horror stories I've read about Seroxat, which is counter-productive and I MUST stop reading them but I can't stop looking our answers, for a glimmer of hope.

I had an terrible nights sleep as my daughter got in bed with us at 2.30am and I never really went back to sleep properly after that, which could account for feeling worse this morning.

Last night was the 3rd day of 20mg so I am expecting some slight increase in side effects, but nothing of major proportions.

I'm naturally fearful of having to try a new med in a couple of weeks if Seroxat doesn't "kick in", but at the same time I don't want to continue feeling like this so I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I know many people wouldn't have given Seroxat the amount of time I have with the side effects I've experienced, but I feel like I don't want to give up on it just yet because I have so many "what if's".

Sorry for long post, just gotta get it all out of my head and on here.

Hi Lauz x I'm really sorry you're still not feeling good... I know what you mean when you say feeling flat and have no motivation,I felt just like that on sertraline. What dose are you on now ? It does'nt sound good that it's making you sick, thats horrible ! If it's any consolation I feel crap at the moment !! Me and the BF have just had a massive barny and I told him to get out and he did... I'm worried about him now and he's left his door key here too !!! (git) lol, not good for the anx.. anyway to top it all off and probably the reason I flew off the handle is that I've just found out I'm pregnant !! Great news and we're chuffed to bits.. despite the tiff.. prob me and my hormones lol !! also not good for the anx !! all I can think is please let everthing be ok with the seroxat. keep me posted on how you're feeling take care.. sorry for long post too ! It helps though does'nt it !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information