Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Increasing Paroxetine dose

Re: Increasing Paroxetine dose

WOW - engaged and pregnant, no wonder you're not feeling good, but hormones and the natural worries around pregnancy have a lot to answer for.

Whilst I was pregnant with my daughter I took Seroxat and reduced from 20mg to 10mg which no problems or withdrawal effects and my daughter was very healthy, but you should discuss it with your doctor as ANY medication during pregnany needs to be monitored (can't even eat nuts or eggs lol).

On Tuesday, after my post my day continued to sink into utter despair. I've NEVER felt so desperate. I spoke to my GP on the phone and she prescribed 15mg per day of Mirtazepine and to reduce the Paroxetine back down to 15mg. So far, so good, but I've still got the mind chatter/ruminations, which is annoying because it's at its peak first thing in the morning which makes it hard to counteract unless I get busy.

I keep using the internet and this forum to search for answers/cures but I can only hope it will pass with time.

Any updates on how things are going?

Hi guys,don't mean to hijack this thread but my paroxetine was increased from 40 to 60mg today.My doctor actually offered me the choice of upping it or going over to venlafaxine instead.He said if I get no joy on this 60mg paroxetine,then he would have the venlafaxine option in hand.Considering my mirtazapine was upped to 45mg 4 weeks ago,I'm hoping the combined paroxetine/mirtazapine upping will work and thus render the venlafaxine unnecessary for the time being.

My Paroxetine dose is much smaller. I take 10mg and 20mg when I need it really badly. I couldn't imagine being on the maximum of 60mg. That would mess me up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information