Thread: Please help, upset tummy everyday!!!!

Please help, upset tummy everyday!!!!

Please can someone let me know if this is normal and down to anxiety. It seems like lately my bowels have a mind of their own. I have upset stomach every mornig!! I have to go to the loo at least 4 times (BM) some days. Some times its pure water. I used to be normal,Its maknig my life a living hell, late for work a lot. Is this normal?????

Re: Please help, upset tummy everyday!!!!

Anxiety can have these symptoms, but it could also be irritable bowel. Why don't you have a word with your gp and explain your symptoms. If it is irritable bowel then there are medications that can help settle your stomach. Digestive problems are very common with anxiety, so please don't worry about it too much. You're not alone.
    Myra x

Thank you, yes I was reading about IBS. I dont get any pain tho, just quick urges to go!!! Its awful and is the same everyday!!!

Hi There
    I suffer with IBS and that can happen to me as well
    I can be okay one minute then I have to run with no warning at all
    With IBS as well you can go quite a few times in one day
    If you see your docxtor he will be able to sort out if it is IBS or your anxiety.
    But there is medication he can give you as well.

Joanx

Thank you, it makes me feel eased slightly that others understand! Just hope it is anxiety related, I hate this and its ruining my life, feel like ive been at docs so much, they are going to think im crazy!!!

It is a very common problem with anxiety. The way you can tell if its IBS or down to anxiety is that if it only seems to happen in the morning the chances are its down to anxiety. Having said that one of the causes of IBS is anxiety anyway. I usually find I have to 'go' first thing in the morning but I do think its down to anxiety and my doctor has said that the mornings are usually the worst time for feeling anxious. My daughter suffers like you do and sometimes has trouble leaving the house. The treatment is to learn to deal with the anxiety and then you should find your bowels naturally settle down. Another test - are they as bad when you know you don't have to go out and can just stay at home for the day? Hope this helps a bit! x

thanks , well it started off as occasionally but now seems to be every morning, I do fret about having to go at work as it brings on a PA, also the not knowing when I have to go as it comes on so urgently freaks me out!!!!not as bad when Im at home!!! I am going through so much stress at mo (Divorce, £40,000 debt, Guilt, fear of everything, work etc etc and feel so down that I can understand why my gut is up in arms, but it does, up to now, (touch wood), only happen in the mornings!!! Sometimes it does happen on days when I dont have to leave house, only difference being I dont get so worked up by it!!! am I making this happen to myself by thinking aboout it too much and waiting for it to happen???

Thread Information