Thread: PLEASE REASSURE - had night of no sleep whatsoever!

PLEASE REASSURE - had night of no sleep whatsoever!

i often post replies but do not often ask for help myself. i am going through a bad relapse of anxiety - i think it is down to a build up of stress plus my thyroid went all dicky a few months ago too. i am down to 10mg of citalopram and just taking the odd beta blocker to help me through as i don't want to rush back to the docs.

last night i went to bed and did not sleep a wink - not even for a few moments! i have had bad/disrupted sleep before but never gone a whole night with no sleep! this is worrying me now because i feel i can cope with the symptoms of anxiety when i have some sleep behind me and last night i was giving into thoughts such as - that's it - i will never sleep again - i will have to go into hopsital for them to make me sleep - generally freaking myself out!

has anyone else literally had a sleepless night?!

Re: PLEASE REASSURE - had night of no sleep whatsoever!

I had so many of sleepless nights....

And this week i sleep but i wake up as if i havent slept, because my anxiety was pretty high all week.

It is very tiring, and it makes you more anxious...
    It will come back, dont worry, you will start sleeping again, body will take what it needs.

Try all possible things, bath, massage, book, ipod, milk...

thanks thumbalina x

I had a night of no sleep a couple of weeks ago and I did get in a state. I think this is the worst thing for anxiety too, so try to relax and remember it was just one night.... you'll be so tired tonight you will sleep like a baby!

I found this site today looking for help about not sleeping. I first had a night of no sleep 3 weeks ago on a Sunday. I blamed it on not doing much all day, then the next night I slept ok. Same thing happened last Sunday .... and again the second night. But slept ok next few nights. But this week - no sleep Sunday, slept couple hours Monday but last night NO sleep at all, and had to be up at 5 for work which puts added pressure on me.
    I am so scared I'll never be able to sleep properly ever again.

I know how you feel, you'll find you've no need to panic as your body will take what is needed as has been mentioned.

I remember going through a very stressful event last month, and I was awake straight for three days as I couldn't sleep (My story is in another post if you're interested) but it built itself up until I just kinda collapsed and fell asleep on the sofa, woke up a few hours later and climbed into bed. Felt great after a good sleep.

Sometimes there can be things you could do to relax and get some sleep, personally I have Paul McKenna's confidence hypnosis on my phone, so I put some headphones on and listen to that.

I hope you can get a good sleep and catch up

Danny

Thread Information