Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small pea sized lump in my jaw

Re: Small pea sized lump in my jaw

I have this to, had it since I was about 8 years old and after many tests and ultrasound it turned out to be a blocked saliva gland. When I'm unwell it gets a bit bigger and sore but usually it's tiny and I don't really notice it anymore! Xx

I've noticed the same lump on the right side of my jaw, right at the angle of my jaw muscle, under my ear.
    It's been there for about two years, is movable, quite firm but hasn't grown.
    I might visit my GP about this and keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MOMINPANIC View Post
    I have a moveable lump on the bottom of my left jaw. From what I have read, other people have this too and it's nothing to be concerned about. If it's moveable, I think it's safe.
    How about if it's moveable but it hurts? 😢

Hello all,

I am a 30 year old male and I have had this hard pea-sized bump on the side of my jawline for probably over 6 months. It didn't give me any kind of pain until about a week ago. It swelled up (coincidentally after I caught a cold) and started to give me pain anytime I touched it.

Two different doctors checked it out and they both prescribed anti-biotics (specifically Apo-Amoxi Clav 875/125 mg). I took it and after about a day the swelling had gone down and pain vanished.

Afterwards, upon visiting one of the aforementioned doctors, he hypothesized that it was just an infected lymph node.

Anyways, hope my experience helps you!

I'm 18 and just found something similar. It's seems the same as the OP but mine is painful and making my skin hot. It's below my gum line so I can't feel it on the inside of my mouth, it's right on my jaw bone on the left side, and not on the hinge either. It feels a bit bigger than a pea and is also movable. It can't be a wisdom tooth as I have all four grown in. I also know it's not my glands as I know what that feels like. I'm sort of concerned as cancer also runs in my family.

Literally have the same problem, visited the doctor and got told it was just a lymph node. Hasn't gone after a month so I'm just assuming I have the same problem? Going to go back and check just in case x

I have had this for years and it gets a little bigger when stressed or when its hot outside.

Nothing to worry about you have lots of glands under the jaw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information