Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed please!

Tracey

Just wondered how things were going with the getting the children to school and the cbt therapy.

take care

bobsy

Hey!

Things are still pretty much the same at the moment. I still cant seem to get that big push of confidence or motivation ( not sure what word im looking for!), to just go out and DO IT!

I hate keep asking friends for help, but am so scared to take the plunge and just trust myself enough to go out alone.

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

tracy im sure you have done this, but have you read claire weekes books on not avoiding but facing.

i no that this is hard and to face our fears is sometimes unbearable, but facing is the only way to recover, not dodging or taking another route.

is this too hard at the moment

i hope i am not stating the obvious just though tid ask if youd read the books

jackie

This is always a problem for me, yesterday I arranged for my hubby to collect my daughter and her friend and my neighbours son.
    You can imagine how I felt 15 mins before school finished when my hubby phoned to say he wasnt going to make it on time!
    I had to hurry to get there and collect all 3 kids.......I was feeling in a right state but somehow got thru it with my heart racing and feeling dizzy, I rushed them out the gate and then felt a huge relief.

Now the funny thing is this, my son started big school and I can collect him fine from there ........no other parents go up there and I think this makes all the difference or maybe because i have no previous panic there i dont fear it there ?

P.s went in 6 empty shops today and had "medium" panic in 2 of them,
    trying to think of the positives 4 out of 6 isnt bad ehh.

mirryx

Hey Jackie,

Yes, I have read Claire Weekes, her books come everywhere with me! I understand i need to face things not avoid, but i do find it too hard to do at the moment.

I need a rocket placed somewhere to get me moving i think!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

hi

tracey you just need to read you little moto at the end of each of your messages I think of it all the time i try to do things. just go for it girl you can do it.

bobsy

Understand where you are coming from on this Trac as I am abit the same.

Mirry - totally agree about the not knowing so many people somewhere making the difference. I hate parents evening at the school with the youngest cos I know everyone there, but I went to one at the college the other night for my middle child and cos I knew no-one and it was fairly quiet too I was good - only 2/10 on the anxiety scale.

It was totally cos there were minimal people to show myself up infront of.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Have you thought of enrolling your children in a before and after school program. I used to teach in one inside a school until I went back to college again. Some schools offer them, but also there are independent before and after school programs and some daycares offer them too...many of which provide transportation. This way you can avoid crowds of people, and you may find it less stressfull. If finances are a problem you can look into funding from your government. Hopefully I have been of some help.

Yes I have thought of this, but my childrens school, has just had to close the before and after school clubs.

It is a very good idea though!

tracy x x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information