Thread: Upset when panicking

Question Upset when panicking

after a few years respite and managing my symptoms ok they've come back after a distressing experinece abroad. one thing that is new tho is that i seem to get very very upset when i panic, lots of tears that last for what seems ages and the feeling that this is finally it, i'm going mad and my brain feels like mush for ages afterwards. its never quite been this bad before and i'm finding myself semi-housebound now.

has anyone else experienced this intense feeling of upset and tearfulness? its really bad also as i dont feel like i can be home alone at the moment...

Re: Upset when panicking

my panic attacks came back in july after a horrid experience abroad aswell. That was ages ago and i just seem to be getting worse

thanks amiee for the kind words, i know i have to keep at it but it just feels so bloody awful when it happens.
    #
    been trying to get out most days, pop into town and do a little driving. its not going so badly locally but i'm meant to be going out in Birmingham next week to a concert with some friends...50 miles from home and possible bus journeys! ARGH!!!!!!! really dont know what to do!

hey hun, i get really upset when i have panic attacks as well and i feel better if i do cry if i have one as well as i feel like it releves it and takes away the pressure

Lazaru,

In the begining 5 years ago i was not getting upset. I was just having them and didnt know why. Later i started getting enough of it and because i could t control when they come and go i staretd getting upset and it is called a reactive depression as the doc told me later.

The good thing about it is that You are not actually depresses because your life is sad, you are depressed only because of anxiety and panic. AS SOON AS ANXIETY WILL BE FADING AWAY, YOU LOW MOOD WILL GO AWAY.

Mum and Dad away for two weeks so just me and my other half house-sitting. Not normally that bothered but have a horrible feeling that will feel awful and unable to cope with both my parents away (my dads been away for two weeks already) this all seems very silly in a way as im 35 this year and have been living with my partner for 4 years away from my folks!

Thread Information