Thread: cysts

cysts

Hi guys. hoping i can get some advise from you all.

I had been feeling some pressure on my womb last couple of weeks. No pain anywhere just a tight feeling around right hand side of tummy and lower back feeling funny, but no pain. Get pain down right leg but I think thats due to my weak knees.

Anyway had a internal check fm Gp & couldnt find anything at all. He suspected a ovarian cyst only because of my symptoms but couldnt think of anything else it could be. I,m now waiting for an appointment for a scan to make suer everything clear.

This is the wait I hate and have been having my panic attacks again. palpitations all day, cant eat properly and getting dizzy.

As always been googling and found every other thing wrong with me n really panicking. Feel like paying to go for a private scan asap to make sure everything ok so I can get on with things again.

thanks for reading this far and hoping to get some advise..

Re: cysts

Hey,

I`ve had an ovarian cyst and when I found out I didn`t google and I`m so glad!! It would have sent me potty!!

If you are really worried ring the hospital to see if they have had a cancellation to get your scan in earlier, that`s what I did.

You probably haven`t got one and if you have you`ll be fine, they are really common. You`ll be surprised how many women have them!!

Take care

Tanya xx

hey purple fish.

i took ur advise n phoned hospital but it';s mon-fri 9-5. just missed them.gutted. now have to go through the weekend feeling like this and it's driving me mad. i,m looking at my kids nearly crying thinking i,m getting ill.

One of the worst feelings ever.

I,m now getting a pain in the curve of my spine and as usual thinking the worst..

thanks.

only way to get a practically immediate scan is to go to A&E and say u are getting tummy pains, and u feel very sick and dizzy. say that ur doc suspects u have an ovarian cyst and you are waiting for the scan but thought ud come in to A&E because the tummy pains and nausea was so bad. Thats the only way, unless someones cancels their scan.. x

would advise caution on going to A&E with this - most casualty depts would not do scan there and then anyway unless they were certain you were about to get a burst cyst - they would have to admit you to hospital then you wait for your scan- often takes a days wait even as an inpatient.

Even if you did have a cyst its not big thing - I had a big cyst 7cms found last summer with no symptoms at all and had it checked out by mri scan as I am over 40 yrs age and told it was benign fluid cyst - 4 mnths later had prolonged what I thought was ovulation pain for 3 weeks that eventually went and I then had a follow up scan prearranged to check cyst and guess what it had gone! It had ruptured itself and apart from the pain that was like normal ovulation pain caused no other problems.

so ovarian cysts do not have to be bad and are very very common.

You should get your scan within a couple of weeks so hang on in there.

my mum had two ovarian cysts in her 30's and my friend just had one removed this summer they really aren't anything serious so if you have one try not to worry and dont drive yourself potty in the interim...

i do the worst things when something wrong and google. I,m def going to stop it now.

after reading here about people who have had them makes me feel a bit better.

What's puzzling me is there is no pain, just an uncomfortable pressure . I also think I,m ovulating just now aswell which dosent help to it all. Dizziness still there but I always get that when i,m overtired.

Cant wait to have the scan just to make sure nothing serious going on in there but I do suffer from severe anxiety and put all my pains down to that.

thanks again everyone.

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me....
    Last Summer I had a 20 cm ovarian cyst removed with my left ovary, as it was too large to leave it and it had made my left ovary useless!!! since this opereration I have been trying for kids with my boyfriend, but to no avail as I haven't had a period since coming off the pill in November.
    I recently went to the hopital for my six month checkup, and they gave me some tablets to take twice a day for five days, that would help kick start my periods again. However, I finished taking these last fri (16.4.10), and still have had no period.
    I have made a doctor's appointment for this fri (23.4.10) to discuss what is going on, and myself and my partner will have a letter through the post soon for an appointment at the fertility clinic, but I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has had a similar or identical experience to mine, as I could really do with some reassurance that I can still have children, as I really feel as if it will never happen naturally for me.
    Sarah Poole.

Thread Information