Thread: I was beaten up :-(

I was beaten up :-(

Hey all, ahh!! I don't know where to start, I'm just proper suffering with my anxiety and depression.

Basically, back in March, I was driving home, to cut a long story short, a small road rage incident left with me a missing front tooth, and several stitches.

The stitches have all healed and been removed from my face by the dentist, and I had some impressions taken at the dentist on Wednesday. I go back in a couple of weeks to have a denture fitted, and then in a few months I'll need something called a Maryland Bridge.

The problem is, its really affected my confidence and anxiety, you know? Like everytime I go out driving or whatever, I just feel overwhelmed with this sense of fear, that something bad is going to happen, or I'll end up being beaten up again.

I made it into the paper, so everyone who knows me (From school or whatever) know something happened to me, which makes me feel a little uneasy.

I've got to go to the police station on the same day I see the dentist in a couple of weeks to try and identify someone on a computer, it pulls up previous criminals who match my description.

Nobody really knows me on here, but don't be worried about what to say, I guess some help or some hugs would make me feel a ton better, if anyone would be interested in speaking to me through email too, that would be an amazing help. I just feel I'll need the support, course I love giving support to other people too Don't like it all one sided

Hope someone can help

Dan
    Last edited by staypositive; 02-04-10 at 19:07. Reason: Meant to say March instead of Feb

Re: I was beaten up :-(

Hi Dan

You poor thing, what an awful thing to happen.
    I'm not surprised you are uneasy going out driving ect.

Have some hugs on me...

I really hope things improve for you soon

Take good care of yourself
    Lisa
    x

Hi Dan

That must have been a real trauma for you hun make no wonder you have lost your confidence.

Did the police offer any kind of help for you when you reported the incedent like victim support?
    http://www.victimsupport.org.uk/

I have used this service before and they where brilliant.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Love

Andrea
    xx

Big hugs Dan. Anyone would feel the way you do with or without previous anxiety, as this must have been a dreadful shock. I think contacting victim support is a great idea. I am sure your tooth will look fine as I have a crown at the front and no one can tell....I bite into an iced lolly with it occasionally just to put everyones teeth on edge....thought that might raise a smile. This will pass Dan.

Veronicax

I hope you can get some Compensation, people like this should not be behind a wheel on our roads today.

Awww thank you guys, you're all so sweet!!

I guess its normal to feel the way I do, just kinda shook me up more than anything. I'm hoping in time I'll be able to put it behind me though, and I guess once my tooth is sorted I'll feel much better and hopefully get some of my confidence back.

Victim Support have been really good actually, I had a phone call from them a few days after I reported it to the police. They sent me a compensation form which I've managed to fill out and send of to the criminal injuries compensation board.

I guess in life, whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger, who knows?? Maybe I'll be able to take something from this

Dan

im so sorry to here of what happend to you and i hope yr ok i no wev never spoke but if you ever need o talk please feel free to pm me i no what yr going thorw i was attcked once and it can leave you feeling vunrable and sacread and alone with no one to trust yr not alone were all here for you please take care of yr self andi hope everyhin works out for you

all the best georga xx

What a terrible frightening thing to happen to you.
    My daughter was in her boyfriends car a few years ago when it broke down at some traffic lights. A guy got out of his car and gave her boyfriend abuse. Her boyfriend said nothing but then was accused of giving the guy a dirty look and the guy then threatened to knock her boyfriends head off!
    My daughter was in a state of shock. So goodness knows how you must feel.
    I know driving is stressful but when a person gets to this stage its time the person packed in driving and either caught a bus or walked.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Thanks for all the kind messages everybody, it was a hell of a shock. If I'm honest I think its going to take me quite some time to get over it.

I just don't understand the physcology behind people who act like this, I always thought with my anxiety and depression, I was a little bit of a nutter (Hope nobody takes offence to that) but after seeing what other 'normal' people can do to you, its somehow made me feel like a bigger person.

I have a feeling I'm not the only person here who absolutely hates violence.

Speak soon everybody & thanks again, I'm so glad people can understand, as I've not got many people in my life who do.

Dan

Thread Information