Thread: Sertraline, Tianeptine, Aripiprazole, Escitalopram all causing side effects?

Sertraline, Tianeptine, Aripiprazole, Escitalopram all causing side effects?

I didn't know which thread to put this in, since it's about 4 different medication.
    I wanted to ask is it normal for all those meds to cause the same side effect? Since I've been taking meds (I started with escitalopram, then took tianeptine, now taking sertraline and aripiprazole) and all of them cause me to wake up several times at night. This never happened before. And since I wake up at night, I am very tired at daytime.
    Also, since taking sertraline and aripiprazole, I've been having mild sweating at night. It's not enough to wet my sheets or anything, it's just that I am a little sweaty when I wake up.

Also, i feel very restless and anxious now when taking sertraline and aripiprazole. Has anyone ever here had the same thing?

Is having these side effects normal? Since all these meds cause me side effects, my psychiatrist is probably going to prescribe new meds. But since I've already tried so many, are there any meds left to prescribe for my anxiety? Have any of you had experiences with meds that DON'T cause any noticable side effects?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Sertraline, Tianeptine, Aripiprazole, Escitalopram all causing side effects?

I think all meds cause some degree of side effects and it depends on your tolerance of them I suppose. Sertraline can cause the sweating, restlessness and insomnia or waking up at night on its own and I'm sure aripiprazole can also add to these effects (although I've never taken it).

I think you should ask for something to help with the sleep till the meds settle - which could be several weeks. It took a few months before I saw any noticeable benefits from sertraline, so don't give up with it. I think a major problem in taking these meds is to give up too soon and move on to the next one. It just causes stress on top of your existing condition.

Give it a chance and remember that unfortunately there is NO psych-med that comes with NO side effects - although they're manageable most of the time.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Sertraline, Tianeptine, Aripiprazole, Escitalopram all causing side effects?

I am with Mel on this one. I have tried so many giving me side effects that I give up at the first hurdle. Am now on escit for the second time and have hit the insomnia, panic that I suppose is usual with all meds. I am in tears all the time but am assured this will pass. I don't have many options left now as the next meds the psych wants to try are harsh! I think it's about grinning and bearing it. I have also stopped amitryptyline so am prob having withdraw. I am suppossed to be cutting my Diazepam down too but think thats prob gonna have to be when I settle on the escit as I think my body will explode....

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I had mild night sweats with Sertraline. But nothing like the night sweats with Seroxat - I was drenched! So yeah, I would say it's a known SSRI side effect.

Dahlia

Thread Information