Afternoon all,

Just went back to Facebook for the first time in a while and one of my friends had completed a test for Autism. Out of interest I did the same test, which appears to be serious and not one of FB's trivial quizzes. I scored 31, which puts me into the area of possible autism. The associated FB web site gave this info

The average score for the original control group of the test was 16.4. 80% of adults diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders scored 32 or more, compared with only 2% of the control group.

The test is not a diagnostic tool and higher scores do not necessarily indicate either Asperger syndrome or high functioning autism.

The test is more often used to assess milder variants of autistic-like traits in typically developing individuals to investigate the continuum hypothesis of autism spectrum condition.

I wonder if any one else has done the same and would care to discuss their findings. It may go some way to explaining my long term mild depression, I'm also a computer scientist with a bent for mathematics which seemingly correlates with tendency towards autistic behaviour.

You can read more about the test on Wikipedia. There is also a link to the test, the FB link is http://apps.facebook.com/autismspectrumtest/index.php

one of us