Thread: Upper abdo pain

Upper abdo pain

Hi, I havent been on here for a while as i thought i'd got my HA under control. I had a baby 7 months ago and while i was pregnant, i seemed to get better. i thought it could have made me very anxious but it had the opposite effect and i felt calm. I also worried that i would direct my HA over the baby when it arrived, i have also been fine.

HOWEVER, now i find myself here again and worrying. I have just moved house to a new area and i'm sure that hasn't helped. I've had the aching pain in my abdomen just under my ribs. It feels sore to touch. I am now thinking all sorts of dreadful things and starting telling my hubby that i'm going to die. He wasn't very sympathatic and just said "i thought you'd stopped with all that!" I so wish i had :(

Anyways sorry to waffle but just want some reassurance that i'll be ok and i can get over this AGAIN!

Re: Upper abdo pain

hi, ive been having the exact same thing for a couple months now, i went to dr's and he said it was just an infetcion between the ribs and lungs the linig?! but it doesnt need any antibiotics and will clear itself up. still its getting worse and i have thought the same, that im dying, but i just take some paracetemol and try not to think about it. if its still there in couple more weeks i'm going to go back! xx

Quote Originally Posted by skutter View Post
    Hi, I havent been on here for a while as i thought i'd got my HA under control. I had a baby 7 months ago and while i was pregnant, i seemed to get better. i thought it could have made me very anxious but it had the opposite effect and i felt calm. I also worried that i would direct my HA over the baby when it arrived, i have also been fine.

HOWEVER, now i find myself here again and worrying. I have just moved house to a new area and i'm sure that hasn't helped. I've had the aching pain in my abdomen just under my ribs. It feels sore to touch. I am now thinking all sorts of dreadful things and starting telling my hubby that i'm going to die. He wasn't very sympathatic and just said "i thought you'd stopped with all that!" I so wish i had :(

Anyways sorry to waffle but just want some reassurance that i'll be ok and i can get over this AGAIN!

Hi Skutter

I too found I was 'cured' by becoming a parent, was only saying that to someone off here the other day. It semmed to hit the I.B.S I supposedly had on the head!
    But it came back, not as bad, but even so

As for the upper abdominal discomfort I have had this recently too.
    For me it would last a few days then go. I haven't found out what it is, but I just put it down to I.B.S to be honest.
    Hope you're on the mend soon. It sounds very common.

xxx

Thanks everyone, its really funny how becoming a parent seems to have helped. I think it maybe IBS type things, i used to have this alot when i was at my worst and i have felt very bloated and gasey. (All typical anxiety) but its the area thats sore to touch that i've never had. Hubby thinks i've bruised myself and the logical person in me tell me that too but the mad person is telling me otherwise!!!

I've also got the same sort of thing. It's worse when I get up in the morning or if I sit for long periods. I also had pain in my right ribs and at the back but this has eased off now. I went to the doctors last week and he felt all under my ribs and my stomach and said he couldn't feel anything abnormal. I do have acid reflux which I am on omeprazole for although the doctor who was a new one was a bit surprised that I hadn't had any tests except blood tests to confirm this. I have to go back next week and I've a feeling he might suggest more tests which I'm scared to death of.

Went to the Dr's this morning and he said thats its an inflmmation of the rib. It really hurt where he was pressing and said its def the ribs and that the stomachy pains are obviously from worry. To take some paracetomol and come back if i ever need reassurance. I feel so much better already (well until i start to doubt weather he's right!!) But i'm going to stay positive and bet this. The rib theory does fit as he said its agrevated by lifting which i do a lot of with a 7 months old. Plus this weekend i have had him in my sling and carried him a lot.

Thanks guys.

Thread Information