Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would a pregnancy test result be reliable if 6 months pregnant

Would a pregnancy test result be reliable if 6 months pregnant

Ok I was recently scared that could be 6 months pregnant and not know it. Mad worry I know. Just been watching that pregnant and didnt know it though show, and has got me wondering lol........ its got to be so remote chances right? I have no symptoms i.e. no noticeable weight gain, nothing but a normal stomach i.e. not perfectly flat (whos is!) but not a belly at all either, not feel blatant movements that couldnt be put down to anything else? Im v slim so you'd notice excessive weight gain

I seriously dont think I could possibly be pregnant (virgin but have done er other stuff that could have er got sperm near me e.g. fingering and his uncondomed penis did come in contact with outside of my vagina) Im just the paranoid type, and have been having periods but theyve always been highly irregular my whole life so cant gague from them as they come when the like (but have had some periods recently)

I HAVE SINCE DONE A PREGNANCY TEST SO MY QU NOW IS:

how reliable are these tests. I know it says 99.9 on the box but they detect the HCG chemical/hormone right? is this still there at 6 months pregnant? (thats how far gone I would have to be). Can I trust that a test would work?

I did one of those expensive digital ones that show a positive or negative sign, so I didnt have to panic over whether a line was there or not! It was negative!!! havent done the second stick yet tho.

Re: Would a pregnancy test result be reliable if 6 months pregnant

Save it girl, you're not pregnant. They are very reliable

one of us

Hello,

Louise I really do not believe that you are pregnant.Even if you had had full sex then I still think by what you have said then you are not pregnant. As it is from the way you said about what had happened then I don't belive you could have feasibly could have been impregnated.
    Please try not to worry xx

No I dont think you are pregnant either - just scared and maybe looking for things that justify feeling scared. Anxiety is so horrible I know. Take care

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Yeah, am trying to tell myself that. Wanted a docs appointment for a blood test but cant get any appointment with any doc for two and a half weeks!!! by which time if be even further along (and so pretty much stumped for doing anything about it if was pregnant). I think that is whats scaring me that I wouldnt have any choices!

Heya Louise,

Don't stress out, you're not pregnant

Remember, the mind of someone suffering with anxiety is very suggestive. A lot of the time if any idea or sickness seems to even remotely match up with us we convince ourselves this is what we have. It's an obsessive thing, once we get one thought we obsess over it and get more and more anxious.

Stop over-analysing the situation and working yourself up love, you are not pregnant and you will be perfectly fine If the pregnancy test was negative and you have no visible signs of pregnancy at this stage and you haven't actually had sex you are in the clear Don't worry about making an appointment to get a blood test for it, it will only be negative anyway.

probably best to steer clear or Jerry and Maury in the future though

Quote Originally Posted by louise123_uk View Post
    Ok I was recently scared that could be 6 months pregnant and not know it. Mad worry I know. Just been watching that pregnant and didnt know it though show, and has got me wondering lol........ its got to be so remote chances right? I have no symptoms i.e. no noticeable weight gain, nothing but a normal stomach i.e. not perfectly flat (whos is!) but not a belly at all either, not feel blatant movements that couldnt be put down to anything else? Im v slim so you'd notice excessive weight gain

I seriously dont think I could possibly be pregnant (virgin but have done er other stuff that could have er got sperm near me e.g. fingering and his uncondomed penis did come in contact with outside of my vagina) Im just the paranoid type, and have been having periods but theyve always been highly irregular my whole life so cant gague from them as they come when the like (but have had some periods recently)

I HAVE SINCE DONE A PREGNANCY TEST SO MY QU NOW IS:

how reliable are these tests. I know it says 99.9 on the box but they detect the HCG chemical/hormone right? is this still there at 6 months pregnant? (thats how far gone I would have to be). Can I trust that a test would work?

I did one of those expensive digital ones that show a positive or negative sign, so I didnt have to panic over whether a line was there or not! It was negative!!! havent done the second stick yet tho.

You're asking if you could be pregnant, even though you haven't had intercourse?

By the way, not that it applies to you, but you can get a false negative test, but not a false positive. So my doc told me when I was pregnant 16 years ago anyway. But that certainly doesn't apply to you x

Hey, yeah you are not pregnant. take a deep breath and stop worrying. I do that too, when I am late for my period, I always think I am pregnant, and last time I even took a test, negative, because I use contraception but still. The test will be right so do not worry!!! If you had unprotected sex I would probably maybe say do a test to check, but has it is negative, your a virgin, you have no signs, you are deff not pregnant. so don't worry x

Nope you aren't pregnant!
    I understand the way that your mind can get you so wound up about something like this and really the only thing you can do is to react to it with a counter thought... Ex "I've taken the test and it was negative"..
    And then redirect your thinking to something else.
    Doesn't matter what.
    Just concentrate on anything else that will take your mind away from that thought.

I know it sounds odd but this will help not only to calm you but also the more you end thinking about it with a rational thought the less you will go back to the negative irrational one.

I don't even know if that rambling makes any sense to anyone but me but it worked in my situation anyway
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

You won't be pregnant, take it from someone who has been pregnant a few times;-)

It is actually quite difficult to become pregnant, even more so if you haven't actually had full intercourse;-)

Rest easy, you are not pregnant:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information