Thread: Cant sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Cant sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Hiya,

So, I have recently come of 25mg nightly dose of Amitryptyline, and am going onto escitalopram, and I have the wonderful sleep issues. I have zolpidem but dont want to rely on them so last night tried going to the gym, sauna, spa and then took a nytol. I was tired, not wired as usual and went to sleep after 45mins or so. My son awoke me at 2 and after than I was drifting in and out all night, like every 45mins was awake, dreaming all night - which is fine, but never really having any decent sleep so am exhausted. If I take Zolpidem it will knock me out for the night so should I stick with the Z's for a bit longer???

I take my escit about 2pm - as worried of daytime lethargy like last time I took it, but perhaps I should try am instead??? x

ARGH!

Re: Cant sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!

I used to take my Cit in the Morning and I too suffered with insomnia for a few weeks .So I cant say that would help .Try taking it in the evening and if not try the morning .I took Nightnurse tabs and they did help .but if you are that tired and nothing else works .Have a Zolp every other night ,Should be ok for a couple of weeks .Have you tried having a Diazepam before bedtime Lou ?..Once the drug gets stable your sleep patterns will improve ,until then whatever gets you through the night ..lol All the best Sue xx

Re: Cant sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Thanks hun - think that is what I am gonna do. Have just taken my escit - so as long as it doesn't make me too tired today - will see if sleep is any better tonight. Yea, perhaps a D before bed would be better than Zolpidem or Nytol. x

Thread Information