Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crisis - Anorexia

Hi Nigel

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Well I guess you’re sitting on the toilet with the laptop now [:I].</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Not yet [:I]. It takes a few hours for the effects to kick in [xx(].

Yes I did post before taking the laxatives and had I not binged I might have been able to resist taking any. I just can't stand the thought of all this bad food inside me.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Would it be an idea to next time post on here even sooner – before you give in to the cravings? Perhaps we can provide enough support and distraction to help you through it. Worth a try?</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Yes it would've been a better plan. I will try that next time. I know I wouldn't give in if I were not here alone.

Glad you were joking about the job!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Piglet

I haven't heard that about the sugar. I suppose it is better than bingeing although I don't know whether it would work. Eating sugary food tends also to lead to wanting more sweet foods. Curiously it also helps me feel less thirsty.

I also read today that taking glycerine can help although the person recommending it suggested mixing it with water and lemonade to disguise the taste which doesn't sound too promising [Ugh] Anyone heard of this or whether it works?

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Obviously your relationship with food is related to using it as a weapon to hurt yourself with by either denying yourself or going completely the other way. If we could get you to see you have no reason to hurt yourself then we would be well on the way to sorting this out.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Yes true. And also as a way of avoiding dealing with my emotional problems. Physical pain is easier for me to deal with than the way I am feeling emotionally.

It's the people who have hurt you that have the problem - not you - you are punishing yourself for their shortcomings.

Thanks for your support.

Karen x

Night night flower - I have to go up now as you very well know my lotions and potions do take some time[:I][:I][:I]

Piglet xxx

Night Piglet and thank you.

Karen x

Have been on the verge of crying because I don't know what to do anymore. I'm ruining friendships and losing any hope of approval and respect from those I am desperate for attention from.

Basically I am sabotaging myself and I can't stop. I'll be alone and unhappy forever, and it's all my own fault.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Karen,

How are you feeling tonight?

I'm not sure about the glycerine I'm afraid. The fact that you crave sugar and feel thirsty and the fact that the sugar stops you feeling thirsty does make me think it could be mild diabetes or at least to do with blood sugars, have you been tested for that?
    I don't say that to scare you, but I know you don't worry about your health like I do. There's many other reasons too though so it probably isn't that. I hope the gp can help anyway. Is the doctors in the morning or afternoon? Good luck with it anyway.

I do hope you're not feeling too bad Karen, I am thinking of you.

Piglet - You must have lovely skin by now

I'll say night night incase I don't post again, this forum is timing out worse than ever on me tonight.

Lisa x

Hi again!

Karen - we must have been posting at the same time almost, I didn't see your latest post as it was taking me so long to post!

It's a shame you can't have a good cry, it can help. You're not ruining any friendships or losing any respect from anyone. There is no reason to believe you'll be alone and unhappy forever, in fact with the right help just the opposite could be true. I know you' re actually alone but I'm with you in spirit and in the virtual world, I know it's not the same and doesn't make up for actual company.

Big hug,

Lisa x

Thanks Lisa.

I'm upset again tonight and have been on the verge of crying but stop myself. I can't afford to let go emotionally.

Yes I need to ask me doctor about the thirst and sugar tomorrow. I know my blood sugars have been tested in the regular blood tests I have but I've been told I need a urine test as it might not show up on blood tests.

It would be a relief to know there is a medical cause and no I don't worry about health problems. I just want to be able to stop craving sugar.

My appointment is at 2pm tomorrow.

The forum is timing out on me too tonight.

Thanks for your support today.

Karen x

Hi Karen,

I did reply to you feeling like crying above, I think both times we were posting at the same time. Lol.
    Why can't you afford to let go emotionally? It may do you good. I don't really cry very often but sometimes it really helps. A few weeks back I had a really good cry, I didn't think I would stop, but it can really help if you are able to. It helps get out all the pent up emotions.

Good luck with the doctors tomorrow, yes a urine test can be a good way to check for protein (e.g raised blood sugar). There are many other things that can cause thirst though but your gp will check I'm sure.

You're welcome to the support, thanks for your support today too.

I hope you can sleep and don't spend the night on the loo.

Lisa x

Thank you Lisa. I can't get on your thread at the moment because it keeps timing out on me, so I'll just say here that I'm thinking of you in case I can't get on there.

I don't know why I can't let go. Maybe because I've been shouted at so much in the past and chastised for crying. This is something else my parents used to tell me I was bad for doing and they said I was just attention seeking.

Think it will be a while before I'll be able to sleep yet as I've started running to the loo now. My own fault though.

Unfortunately I know how bad I am for eating and I make it worse for myself when I indulge in this self-destruction. I am desperate for approval but ruin things for myself. I'm so stupid.

Thanks again Lisa

Karen x

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information