Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Please Feel Worse on Sertraline!!!

Re: Help Please Feel Worse on Sertraline!!!

I have just started taking sertraline(50mg) 11 days ago.I'm feeling really anxious and having panic attacks which is horrible. I'm really hoping this is temporary? How long will it take to feel better/calm down?

Question Re: Help Please Feel Worse on Sertraline!!!

hiya im on week 7 2 of which was 25 mg and 50 mg for 5 weeks im still getting side effects and even new 1 s creeping in i v just spoke with my gp and he recommends either coming off or reducking back to 25mg., the thing is with me and this is NOT the 1st time i might had the higher anxiety i get from them brings on my pure O THOUGHTS which is horrid to say the least . but then were all different some people have side effects for a week or so and there ok , they are the lucky ones!! xx
    now im worried if i do reduce them the humour i get to cope with it may go and i wont see any good effects ................... grrrr im now really worried and dunno wat to do , i will try 25mg for the next 2 days and see what happens , im also due for me period which i guess will not be helping!! god life sucks with anxiety and ocd .... sorry for ranting . my side effects are shaky hands nervy legs reflux ,no appetite , dry mouth , headaches and this week insomnia , im torn in wat to do maybe if i took a sleeper and took a week of work and stay on 50mg il start to see a more fuller steady improvement i just dunno wat to do .......

Hi,
    My Gp gave me sertraline 50mg. I was fine.it's really weird---- I was in to my third lot after I had been on them for 2 months and one mornig I was panic stricken,so much so I did a post on nmp.I have not been right since then.Not so panicy now,but I have head aches that have never bothered me before and ringing my ears. All in all I feel worse.
    I am still taking the tabs tho, but I will be seein GP on tuesday.

hi magic this sounds crazy but diff suppliers use dif colours ext so try and get the same brand that u had before hun , me and a friend noticed a few years ago when we had different brands it caused anxiety . dunno why coz it contains the same chemical but seriously see if u had a diff brand this time round . xx gl

Thanx Petram,
    Never thought of that,will see into it next week. Will mention it to GP.
    xx

yeah it s a well known fact although docs poop poo it s bloody true . im coming off sertaline iv been on 25mg for the last week , still unstable with anxiety n ocd so sod it 8 weeks is enough for feeling crap now !! i was on sluggish in me self b4 i started taking it regularly but its crippled me with ocd and anxiety !! xx let me know how u get on hun xx

I tried Sertraline for 6 weeks and could not stand it any more. No sleep, sicky feeling upset tummy, you name it I had it.

Came off and within a week I started to feel so much better than on them............crazy

Quote Originally Posted by petram View Post
    hi magic this sounds crazy but diff suppliers use dif colours ext so try and get the same brand that u had before hun , me and a friend noticed a few years ago when we had different brands it caused anxiety . dunno why coz it contains the same chemical but seriously see if u had a diff brand this time round . xx gl
    Yep! I had this problem with sertraline and due to this fact my doctor writes my prescription for LUSTRAL which is the brand name as opposed to generic sertraline. Doctors and pharmachists will tell you they're all the same, they're NOT! They contain the same active ingedient, in this case sertraline but different manufacturers use different other ingredients in their tablets as well.

Ask your GP to do this. Lustral is more expensive than generic sertraline but I filled out a "Yellow Card" (google it, if you're in the UK).

Good Luck. x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information