I wasn't going to post this but I changed my mind........and Piglet wanted to tease me anyway apparently, so here goes.

Firstly, the reason that I wasn't going to post it is because I didn't want to p**s anybody off if they're not going through a good time at the moment. But then I remembered what I was like a year ago. I was in a mess and desperate to hear anybody's story that showed you could overcome things and go back to your "old self" and do the things you used to do before "it" struck.

So, rewind to 12 months ago last week and I was in a right mess. Couldn't feed myself. Had a solid week of no sleep. All the great symptoms......chest pains, constant dizziness, agoraphobia setting in, palps, ectopics, etc, etc, etc. You all know the score, it's nothing new.

Fast forward to last week when I went skiing (I know, again. But life's too short and you can get some really cheap deals if you book late!). Anyway, had a fantastic time. Skiing everyday, drinking every night with a few very late ones thrown in. Met loads of new people in the hotel. Decided to do a helicopter ride over the mountains coz it was quite cheap and the weather was gorgeous. I decided it was a once in a lifetime chance so I went for it.
We had flight delays, long coach transfers, a 4.30am wake up call for return journey after drinking wine all night until past midnight. In short, loads of opportunity to panic or slip back but it never arrived.

Basically, I just wanted to post this to maybe help just one person coming on here for the first time. To show that you can get back to your "old self" if you want to. Although now I've been back there I think I'm happier with my "new self" anyway!! [^]

Hope I haven't p*ssed anyone off.....it's not meant in that way at all. It's just that I've seen loads of posts on here from people saying that they never hear of people getting back to their "old" selves so I wanted to redress the balance. Maybe the reason you don't hear of it is that most people, once "cured", don't want to ever come back to it and so as soon as they feel ok will try and forget it all as quickly as possible. Who knows?

Cheers,
Trev